IGNORED

tire sizes

midnite

You say front but give rear sizes? I assume you mean rear. As it happens I've just been checking mine....and I have an Avon MT90 on the rear. Which is a replacement size for 130/90-16! (Mine is a '91 Venture Royale) This tire has been on the bike for awhile- to the point where it is cupped and dry rotted and needing replacement. So ya it works.

You say front but give rear sizes? I assume you mean rear. As it happens I've just been checking mine....and I have an Avon MT90 on the rear. Which is a replacement size for 130/90-16! (Mine is a '91 Venture Royale) This tire has been on the bike for awhile- to the point where it is cupped and dry rotted and needing replacement. So ya it works.

I am thinking the original poster has a Gen 2. I believe the tire sizes on those are bigger than a Gen 1. I'm sure somebody with more knowlege of this will have the correct answer.

I tried the 130/90 on my RSTD and didn't like it. Made the bike rather squirrely above 45 mph or so, although it was definitely easier/quicker to turn at any speed and especially slow. Right now I'm running a "correctly sized" Avon on the front and a Commander II on the rear of my RSV. I like it. I know some folks won't think that's normal, but it works better than the 130 for me.

As Beltfed50 mentions, going to a taller narrower tire can change the handling on your bike and not necessarily in a good way. Steering can become quicker to the point of being a bit "darty" at highway speeds. I would go for the correct size and it's hard to go wrong with the E3's. I have them on my RSV and the difference over the original Dunlops was noticeable.

Andy

Guest scarylarry

I wouldn't drop to the 130, I didn't like at all..

In parking lots it was ok, on the interstate it has a lot more than normal buffing, for back roads it might be great but here to Florda or Maine, no way or from your area to Nashville I wouldn't do it..

Hope all is well with you..

Edited by scarylarry

I changed to a 130 from the OEM E_3. I cant say as I really notice much difference at all. I have put over 5K on it. I do have the front end lowered in the triple trees, dont know if that makes a difference on this or not. Mine feels fine solo or 2 up. Definatly like the wet weather grip of the Commanders.