IGNORED

got my christmas present early

oldgoat

well my old dell computer bit the dust. and I was going to go get a new computer.

when the fedex man showed up today with a nice size box from my daughter and son-inlaw in side was a new HP computer:cool10: now I have to figure out this windows8 stuff.

this computer has 8gb ram and 1tb? hard drive. and just a basic dvr dvd player and burner. came with a 20 inch monitor. looks like my year has got better than my last 3 or so years. I bought a new to me Honda shadow ace750.. 2000. that will be here this spring. so looks like some good times might be my way. if I was in that Christmas contest I would have to say this year would be one of my many best ones. good family and good friends here who could ask for more?

I installed Win8, a couple of days after it was released. It's different and does have a learning curve but not too bad. Using it with mouse/keyboard is where most of the learning takes place. Once you get a few of the "never did it that way" features figured out, it's actually a very good OS. It boots much faster but pretty much handles everything that Win7 did. I've found no conflicts with any of my software.