IGNORED

Thank you to the Moderators

XV1100SE

Regarding "Tradedy in Conn." ....

Would like to thank the Moderators for letting the thread go as long as they did and then closing it on request of the original poster. What started out as expressions of sympathy for the victims and their families turned into a discussion on gun control.

I'll admit to going beyond the original intent of the thread but after seeing families in their grief came back to the realization that this is about the families and discussion of guns (pro and con) has no place here.

Was a civil discussion... but was time to end it.

Thank you again.

:clap2:

It was kept civil, and thats the reason it was let go as long as it was. I totally agree that it was NOT the thread to start that debate in, but we let it go for a bit. As always, thank you to all that posted condolences in it, it is a shame that it happened and you can be sure a hornets nest is being shaken around the country regardless of which side of the gun debate you are on.

You folks did very well not taking it over the cliff, we are all very passionate about issues. In the USA gun control is a huge red button, so y'all should be commended for doing a great job of keeping it under control :thumbsup2:

I have to admit that I never opened the thread . I'm not even sure why. This group has always been more than reasonable. I had no worries really regarding what may have been said.I guess I am just really shocked and saddened by the events in Conn. My heart goes out to all who are impacted by this tragic event.

I have great friends and I have disagreements with them over seemingly three issues, religion, politics and the kind of oil you use. We just agree to disagree and remain great friends. I agree that the moderators do a great and sometimes overlooked job here and deserve to be recognized and know they are appreciated.