IGNORED

Sidecar universal mounting kit

Black Owl

Just a FYI.....

I am in negotiations with a company in India which manufactures a universal mounting kit for sidecars.

They have quoted a price of $150.00 per kit plus air freight.

I am going to purchase a sample kit to see how well they are made.

If anyone else is interested we could probably do a group purchase.

:15_8_211[1]:

Just a FYI.....

I am in negotiations with a company in India which manufactures a universal mounting kit for sidecars.

They have quoted a price of $150.00 per kit plus air freight.

I am going to purchase a sample kit to see how well they are made.

If anyone else is interested we could probably do a group purchase.

I'd be interested!

Wondering how it will work on a 2nd Gen. I'm not really thrilled with the one that came with my sidecar.

I'd be interested!

Wondering how it will work on a 2nd Gen. I'm not really thrilled with the one that came with my sidecar.

Really not sure. This company appears to primarily produce parts and accessories for the Royal Enfield (which is now being manufactured in India).

They do list the kit as being universal and can be mounted on any motorcycole with a tube frame.

Here is the web site http://inderexports.com/sidecar/umk.html

Maybe that will answer your question. To date they have also been very responsive to my inquiries.

Neato!! I wonder if it is necessary to change front end geometry (add or subtract rake) for a "normal" bike to steer correctly with a sidecar on it... If not, it doesnt appear to be to bad of a job utilizing a kit like this.. hmmm

I have done nothing to the front end on my bike. It took a little patience to get it right, but with the sidecar attached the bike (hands off) tracks straight down the road. It is however sensitive to the crown in the road. Steering on the other hand is pretty labor intensive!!!

I have done nothing to the front end on my bike. It took a little patience to get it right, but with the sidecar attached the bike (hands off) tracks straight down the road. It is however sensitive to the crown in the road. Steering on the other hand is pretty labor intensive!!!

So wes, by labor intensive do you mean it takes more input from the arms/shoulders to steer it into a turn? I wonder if adding rake (caster) would change that attitude if that is the case or is just nature of the beast.. It would really be interesting to know if there is any difference between the rake angle of a bike produced for a hack and the same bike produced non side car equiped.. maybe time for some googlin..

So wes, by labor intensive do you mean it takes more input from the arms/shoulders to steer it into a turn? I wonder if adding rake (caster) would change that attitude if that is the case or is just nature of the beast.. It would really be interesting to know if there is any difference between the rake angle of a bike produced for a hack and the same bike produced non side car equiped.. maybe time for some googlin..

Yes it takes some amount of muscle to steer. It is not really THAT objectionable. The thing about changing the steering head angle is, as I understand it, a "one-way street". Once done the bike cannot safely be ridden as a two wheeler. At this point I'm not ready to permanently commit my RSV to a forever and ever sidecar bike. Even now I've had the sidecar off for several weeks so I can enjoy 2-wheels. Next trip with the wife, I'll hook up the hack.