Well I started my "Winter" project early. I had to do fork seals ASAP as I was leaking all over the place. I lost 1/2 my fork oil in the right for. No wonder it was handling badly. When I disassembled the forks and inspected the seal, I noticed that it had a nick in it the size of a pinhead. I was leaking fork oil just parked in the garage!!

Anyway... It was an intimidating tasks but actually the job is really not that bad. It's just a few extra steps over doing progressives. I have to give a shout out AGAIN to Muffinman for all his help.

I used a 41mm MotionPro Ringer fork seal driver. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009M4COVI]Motion Pro (08-0489) 41mm Ringer Fork Seal Driver : Amazon.com : Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bv0ErRFtL.@@AMEPARAM@@41bv0ErRFtL[/ame] Worked perfect on the 40mm forks

I also made a short video showing the disassembly & reassembly process to hopefully take the fear out of someone considering doing them for the 1st time. My kid is going to do some editing on it so I can upload it.

What's left is to put the tire & calipers back on, drop the progressives back in & add fork oil.

Hey what else is there to do during a hurricane??

Edited by cabreco

Well job done. Dry as a bone!

I couldn't find 7wt oil so I used 5wt (I had a teeth shattering 15wt in it before).

Front end feels heavy on turns. I don't know if it's the 5wt or the fact that I have been riding my old 750 for a while & got used to the lighter bike.

:confused24:

I should have it up by the weekend when my son edits the 3 parts into 1 movie.

I was a bit intimidated at the prospect of doing seals byt it was a very easy process, just a few extra steps more that replaceing the front springs with progressives. If a person can do his ow car brakes or replace a stabalizer link on the car they can do this.