IGNORED

Hooray! $1000 gift card for BestBuy

Mel

Got a text msg. on my cell---

My entry last month has won! Tells me to go to BestBuyRaffle.com and enter my winning code number XXXX to claim my FREE $1000 BestBuy gift card within 24 hrs.

Watcha think guys (and gals)? Real deal or ???? I, of course, don't remember last week, let alone last month.

I went to BestBuy's web site and emailed customer service asking if it might be legit, knowing full well that there's a 99.9 % chance that it's bogus.

All codes 5555, web site devoted to this scam. With the $1000 bestbuy gift and all the millions waiting for me overseas and all the lotteries I've won, why I am I still in Flint?

Must be the balmy weather and safe, law abiding neighborhoods. :draming:

• 4 weeks later...

Recieved something similar a couple days ago as a text message on my phone. It said that I had won 4th place in a Best Buy contest along with a passcode to claim my prize.

This all seemed odd as I rarely go into a Best Buy and while I purchased a hard drive from them a couple months ago I did not remember entering a contest. The link, BestBuyContest.net also was a red flag. A quick internet search confirmed this is a scam. If it seems too good to be true it probably is. I have to wonder how they got the phone number as I have had this phone for less than a year and the phone is used mostlyt for work.

Jeff

All codes 5555, web site devoted to this scam. With the $1000 bestbuy gift and all the millions waiting for me overseas and all the lotteries I've won, why I am I still in Flint?

Apparently because you haven't won the Delta airlines prize. I win that almost weekly.:cool10:

Another one that I've seen a lot of lately is that I have received a fax. There is a link to click on to retrieve the fax. I haven't researched it and would NEVER click on any link that I wasn't sure where came from but just a warning in case others of you get it.