IGNORED

Fjr1300

MasterGuns

Finally hit 3k mileage on that 11 FJR I now own. On a ride this past Saturday, had a couple 2d genners try to hang with me both through the twisties (embarrassing for them) and to gain up distance they lost through the twisties in the straight aways) all while heading up and back down FM4 in North Texas. I think one of em ran outta gas cause I have no idea where they went. Ha Ha. What a fun, fast scooter to ride. I really must be careful. Want to ride it down to the Leakey ride but will have to wait to see if I can take vacation off from the nut house.

Yep, I know what you mean. Was looking at and test drove a 13 Nissan GTR. Talk about a car that could get you in trouble. That dang car runs the 1/4 miles a little faster than a FJR with someone on it that is half my weight (11.18 sec). But for $97K that is as far as I got....a test drive. Oh; thought I'd throw in that I haven't had a ticket in nearly 30 years maybe longer.

Finally hit 3k mileage on that 11 FJR I now own. On a ride this past Saturday, had a couple 2d genners try to hang with me both through the twisties (embarrassing for them) and to gain up distance they lost through the twisties in the straight aways) all while heading up and back down FM4 in North Texas. I think one of em ran outta gas cause I have no idea where they went. Ha Ha. What a fun, fast scooter to ride. I really must be careful. Want to ride it down to the Leakey ride but will have to wait to see if I can take vacation off from the nut house.

I don't miss my venture at all! You're right about fun! I certainly seem to go through tires a lot quicker. Zipcode Dave and I made a 1200 mile run a couple Saturdays ago and I was every bit as comfortable on the FJR as I was on the venture. :motorcyclehelmet:

Finally hit 3k mileage on that 11 FJR I now own.

I wonder if I'll write those words someday. :(

Oh; thought I'd throw in that I haven't had a ticket in nearly 30 years maybe longer.

There is a crime implied in that statement, and seeing as I haven't ridden beside you, I won't make a conclusion on if it is a crime perpetrated by the local police or by the rider!

:detective:

I wonder if I'll write those words someday. :(

There is a crime implied in that statement, and seeing as I haven't ridden beside you, I won't make a conclusion on if it is a crime perpetrated by the local police or by the rider!

:detective:

Dear Swifty, No need to 'read between the lines'; I will be straight forward......I just havent been caught. Now go decipher other posts. One other thing, you "have" ridden beside me. Your memory must be failing.

Dear Swifty, No need to 'read between the lines'; I will be straight forward......I just havent been caught. Now go decipher other posts. One other thing, you "have" ridden beside me. Your memory must be failing.

No Buddy, the memory is not fading; I DO remember, including the camp fireside at Vogel. What I meant by "beside" you was just you and me and the road...in similar fashion to the way Todd and the Wingman and I have done. "Beside" you did NOT mean including 60 other VR riders!

:happy34: