IGNORED

pull the R/R

Check 1, 2, and 3 to ground, shouild be infinity reading. Next, start bike, switch meter to AC and all three combinations of pairs should be the same AC voltage level.

I'm assuming you are looking at the 3 stator wires where they come into the R/R connector. Don't understand why no reading on the 20 ohm scale, you should have seen 1.6 also...

meter to "Diode Test"

red to ground on thr R/R I got #1 488 #2 488 #3 490

Did you also repeat the test with a lead on the negative terminal, then connecting to 1, 2 and 3?

Are you having a problem with you bike?

I am a little confused based on your PM with the reported values.

Something else to try is to start the bike, set your meter to "AC Voltage" mode and probe the + a - battery leads. Any sign of AC voltage across those leads and your rectifier is toast. Any voltage reading above 14.4V, and your regulator is toast.

Bench testing the R/R the way you did is mostly inconclusive (unless something is conclusively out of spec) because the specs for a standard unit are unknown. Also, a static test of this unit can only probe some of the internal circuitry.

My next guess would be that when it gets hot the stator may go bad. Take it for a ride and without shutting the bike off, repeat the DC voltage test across the battery. Also, there is another connector for the stator under the seat around the area where the coils are, next to the coolant overflow bottle. There could be corrosion there...

If you are worried about failure on the road, install a digital volt meter that will read to one or more decimal places. (You only really need one decimal place.) Just keep an eye on the voltage any change up or down of more than a couple of tenths of a volt, while at cruising speed, could be the beginning of an issue but it will give you time to do something about it before you are stranded.