hey guys just wanted to throw this out to you I am going out of town tomorrow and I'm going to pick up a couple small parts of a wrecked 87 first gen. It's gold. If there's anything specific that you might need me to pick up and that we can ship later let me know. I will post a picture of the bike later .bike looks clean except front end hit . I will be at the bike location Thursday afternoon .

Edited by KIC

Hey guys... if you are interested email with with a contact number and an exact description of what you want. If I look at it I might have to call to see if you want the parts.

The email to my phone is kictucson@gmail.com.

I will tak eht requests that I have already and try to see if i can fill them. He only takes cash so I will have to take a pocket of it up there.

Bill

Well I was able to stop by and see the 87 Venture that was being parted out while I was up in Phoenix. The bike was definitely rougher than the pictures show. The impact really damaged a lot of the bike. The force and velocity appeared to force a lot of parts forward breaking and twisting stuff.

The guy only would take cash and his prices was so-so. I was able to get a few parts for my 87 though. The biggest score for me was the set of 3 matching pouches, two for the front and the matching on the rear. :happy65:( If anybody needs a dark grey rear pouch, I have one).

I also scored a good seat and a new radiator chrome cover. :cool10:

The fairings were trashed, upper and lower. the right side of the engine is trashed. the rear bags were trashed. There is a good speedo console with 38,000 miles. He will sell the left rear hard bag complete ($70.00). He wouldn't just sell the top.

No aftermarket chrome.

The CB/Class console is complete but all except one screw hole is busted, but could be fixed easily. He wants $80.00 for the whole unit.

There is a full set of carb, but they will need to be thoroughly cleaned as the air filter is not screwed on, but on top to (slightly ) protect from rain etc.

Sorry I couldn't come through with some of the parts you guys needed, but the bike was so rough.... Hope this helps somebody.

I most likely will have to go back there for work, so if anybody wants something, let me know.

Edited by KIC

No... it looks like he bought it at an auction. it is a small motorcycle shop with a small "junk yard" in the back. The bike just looks like it took a hard front end hit at speed. The blunt force velocity really forced parts forward. The rear trunk opened, ripping out the latches on the lower trunk and the back rest was forced forward and popped out of the upper brackets.