IGNORED

DEKA ETX18L Question?

Is this battery still the best choice? The connector looks like a side mount. My OEM is a top mount. I can get one locally from East Penn for $165cdn. I need to replace my battery and research on here seems to point to the Deka as the best choice, mind you most of the info is a few years old.

Thanks.

With the DEKA you have two mounting locations on each post, which is a solid cast by the way, not the U style post you have to install the nut inside of. Big PLUS in my book.

The primary connection is the top of the post just like the OEM battery. Kind of hard to see in the pics but it's there, and quite solid. There is a secondary connection point on the side of the post, the front of the battey when in the bike, used with provided flat sided spacers to clear the shape of the body casting where you can attach other power lines. I like the extra side mounting feature as it provides a way to clean up the wiring on the top of the battery when installing extra power feeds.

I've been using the same DEKA ETX18L in my '84 for almost 5 years now I think. Since the beginning of the threads where we were discussing it. The info still stands. The battery is an outstanding improvement to the bike. Mine has been absolutley trouble free and dependable. It's tough.

I know you are on the other side of the border but I'd check around and see if you can come up with a better price. Like Condor said Bohannon Battery has been an excellent provider here in the state and I think skydoc_17 (Earl) is still selling them also. I don't know what the shipping would be to Canada. But it's worth checking into.

You won't regret the DEKA. Good stuff.

Mike