IGNORED

Here is a good darkside example

bluerstd08

This was on our way back from MS to NC with a short detour via US 129. I have had zero problems cornering on all 3 CTs that I have run.

I wonder if you'd have any problems if those CTs were on a bike that could lean in corners.

You know, I never had a problem with the CT's in short or sharp turns. But just watch yourself if you get in one of those long high speed turns. That's where my CT told me it belonged on a car. And the bike became unpredictable under certain conditions where before I put the CT on it I knew what it was going to do. I'm not saying don't use one if that's what you want to do . You couldn't pay me enough to use one again.

You know, I never had a problem with the CT's in short or sharp turns. But just watch yourself if you get in one of those long high speed turns. That's where my CT told me it belonged on a car. And the bike became unpredictable under certain conditions where before I put the CT on it I knew what it was going to do. I'm not saying don't use one if that's what you want to do . You couldn't pay me enough to use one again.

This was basically my experience with a CT. CT's really work well in low speed corners and you can easily scrape the floor boards with confidence, but that sure footed-ness fades as the speed increases. My CT also had a terrible dislike for roto-mill surfaces, (during repaving). I'll stick with MC tires on the RSV.:backinmyday:

• 1 month later...

After a PGR mission yesterday at Jamestown, TN I followed a Honda 1800 VTX with a CT for about 20-25 miles along some curvy roads. He seemed to be tracking and doing very well, but the tire just appeared (to me) to be "mushy" during corners. It was like the tire was not at normal pressure. On the straights it did not appear to be low at all.

I need to own up to being a darksider myself, but then I ride a trike :whistling:

I've said this before but ... it would seem that CTs work well on some bikes and not on others. On my Wing, the CT out performs an MT in all conditions with one minor exception and that is riding along those parallel "high/low" ridges. On those you can feel it wanting to "wiggle". This is very minimal and has no adverse effect on handling.

I have no hesitation pushing the scoot in high-speed twisties. You'll find that most darkside Wing riders will have similar comments.

The RSV on the other hand has a totally different frame geometry as well as a totally different centre of gravity / weight distribution. This quite well could be why under some conditions (such as high-speed corners) that the CT on the RSV might leave a person feeling uncomfortable and loose confidence in the CT.

(just my Canuck loonie's worth)

• 1 month later...

I have added a Voyager trike kit to my Venture and now I'm looking for a passenger car tire than will fit. The OEM tire is 150/90-15. The closest CT that I have found that may fit is 165/80-15 that was stock on a 69 VW. Does anyone out there have any first hand knowledge on which tire I should try? Thanks

I have added a Voyager trike kit to my Venture and now I'm looking for a passenger car tire than will fit. The OEM tire is 150/90-15. The closest CT that I have found that may fit is 165/80-15 that was stock on a 69 VW. Does anyone out there have any first hand knowledge on which tire I should try? Thanks

Yep that is the size, but imho, i would not buy the cheapest tire, would go for at least the mid range.

• 7 months later...

I am a bike shop owner and have had 3 different bikes with ct's really enjoyed the ride. just purchased my first new bike (RSV). so with warranty issues I am not going to change yet. But I have a number of customers that have gone over to the dark side and are very happy with the ride and the ware mileage increase.

With all that being said normal conventional driving is the safest beyond that only the emts know for sure.

Rider838

2012 RSV

1996 1200 custom