IGNORED

New Computer

Yammer Dan

Warden insisted on black. And we know who wears the pants around here. Almost as fast as a 1st Gen!! New top of the line Dell. Arrived without the windows disk and resource disk. Dell claims we don't send those anymore they are installed. 10 minutes with the Warden and they shipped them out today. No charge...... I could have warned them.....

Warden insisted on black. And we know who wears the pants around here. Almost as fast as a 1st Gen!! New top of the line Dell. Arrived without the windows disk and resource disk. Dell claims we don't send those anymore they are installed. 10 minutes with the Warden and they shipped them out today. No charge...... I could have warned them.....

They send them if you include media as part of your order. Can't recall if there is an extra charge for that tho.

Dan, If i were you and didnt have a use for your old machine, i would get the harddrive out of it (if it is good) and go to your local computer store and buy a usb case for it. THen plug it into your computer and see if you can retreive any of your old file, if they arent there format the drive and then youll be able to backup your pics and documents just by dragging the stuff to it and dropping.

Just a thought if you didnt have any use for the old machine. its a cheap way to get a back up solution.

Brian

Dan,

Most desktops, and laptops don't ship with the disc's, you make your own. It should be under dell in your "all programs"

Otherwise. Congrats :)

Dan, thanks for not setting her loose on me...............LOL

Congrats on the new computer, my newest computer that I bought new is at least 6 years old. I just upgrade the memory and its better than ever. Having a son in law that gets his hands on all his companies used computers, they change them every year, I should be good for a long time. I just hate changing computers, it takes a while to get everything on them that I want. I also just added a 2 TB external hd, and I can use it to backup all my computers and laptops, plus if there ever is an emergency and we have to leave the house in a big hurry, like fire or something really bad, all I have to do is grab the external hd and run. everything is on it.