IGNORED

Drilling baffles

Are the RK's considered a good muffler for high performance like a Baron's or Bub's? I've posted a few times recently about trying to get more power through exhaust, re-jetting, etc. and I'm kinda new at all this.

meh, The exhaust restriction is going to come from the head pipes on these bikes. I would almost bet that you could run it with no mufflers and still have the same performance. Your not going to get much more out of this engine without going internal.

About the only things you can do are

1. mod the air boxes to allow more air flow

2. jet the carbs to compensate for more air flow

3. get a Dyna 3000 module to open up the top end

4. install a COMPLETE bub exhaust system

After that, you're looking into installing V-Max performance parts such as dome top pistons and hot cams.

I had a set of the stock Road Kings on my bike up until I had the accident last year. Didn't relize it till later but they had the catalytic convert in the left one. But they sounded good and not overly loud either. Never noticed any performance issuses either but I did up the main and pilot jets one size prior to doing the R-K conversion. Since I'm now converting the bike to a three wheeler and the R.K.'s were trashed I put the stockers back on. With 1 exception. I shortened them 6" by taking a section out of the middle and rewelding the ends back on. It changed the sound of those quite stockers to more of the Harley sound. I was supprised just how much the sound changed here. Won't help you guys with the two wheels thou.

Larry