IGNORED

Spare gas can

MikeWa

Just a heads up. I went down to look at the new gas cans that are contoured to fit into the saddlebag of a Harley. Really nice plastic cans sloped on one side to fit the shape of a saddlebag. But the lid of my Venture would not close with this can inside. So make sure you test before you buy.

Mike

Mike, sorry to hear that the plastic tank we all discussed at the WA. State Meet & Greet would not fit inside your saddlebag.

Here is another option. www.tourtank.com

Search ther website, because...I think...they have smaller ones for the use we discussed.

In fact, I went and searched the site for you, here it is http://www.tourtank.com/TourTubes.html

They have two sizes...a 1/2 gallon bottle that measures 4" x 14", and a 1 gallon bottle that measures 6" x 14".

The 1/2 gallon bottle is $ 109.00, plus $ 12.00 shipping, and the 1 gallon bottle is $ 129.00, plus $ 12.00 shipping. They seem expensive, but...they are made to safely transport fuel.

Miles

Edited by Miles

Guest tx2sturgis

Mike, the Reda can will fit inside your bag if you simply lift the foam bottom pad at the rear of the bag, fold it up and forward about 8 inches, then lower the tank into that area of the bag. The foam pad will form a sort of 'barrier' between the Reda tank and the other contents of your saddlebag.

Works great this way.

Mine has travelled with me this way for over 5000 miles on various trips.

Is it possible that MikeWA has the quick release bolts on his saddle bags? Or would these interfere with the gas can going all the way down?

Do you two gentlemen have the modified (quick release) bolts instead of the stock saddlebag bolts? Curiouse because this looks like a good idea and I have the modified bolts.

Just a thought.