IGNORED

Ridiculous shipping cost from Bushtec.

Solodadof2

Back to the pin. If you were really cheap, use a 5/8 inch bolt and nut, and save your pin money. You can locate a hardened 5/8 bolt, with a long smooth section below the head, and cut, or grind, it down to leave just enough for a nylon lock nut. Works every time, and those Bushtec lock mechanisms that sometimes fall apart on the road, or even get loose from vibration, will never cause problems again. I know more than one fellow who ended up using a reciprocating saw to cut his pin off, when his lock jammed, and refused to open.

And, not too many thieves willing to take the time to remove a 5/8 nut and bolt, just to take your trailer, even if they did have the tools.

I think I saw someone else question it, but they do make those over priced pins at Bushtec, but they send them out for chrome, which sometimes gets applied too thick.....thus is why the above mentioned lock mechanisms are unpredictable.

Guys, the next time you need a heim joint, check out Bearing Distributors or Applied Technologies. That's the same place Bushtec buys them.

Refuse to pay retail!

Information like this is why it is well worth the 12 bucks a year not to mention all the fun. Oh yeah WELCOME to the site.

I work for a company that ships with USPS and UPS. I'll tell right now that USPS loses way more stuff than UPS.

We have people that ***** about having to pay $5.99 for one bolt or something small and cheap but what they don't realize is it cost money for the call to the rep for the part then someone has to process the order then the order goes to shipping dept and they have to have someone go get that bolt, put it in a package print up a label and then ship it out.

It costs us about $8 just for someone to take that call. We would actually rather have them get something like that locally but they (the customer ) it will cost them that much in gas to go get it.

So bottom line is when you are paying that much for shipping that price includes a lot more than just the shipping itself. A lot of you mention that it doesn't cost you that much to ship but you are one individual not a large company. Big Difference.

Back to the pin. If you were really cheap, use a 5/8 inch bolt and nut, and save your pin money. You can locate a hardened 5/8 bolt, with a long smooth section below the head, and cut, or grind, it down to leave just enough for a nylon lock nut. Works every time, and those Bushtec lock mechanisms that sometimes fall apart on the road, or even get loose from vibration, will never cause problems again. I know more than one fellow who ended up using a reciprocating saw to cut his pin off, when his lock jammed, and refused to open.

And, not too many thieves willing to take the time to remove a 5/8 nut and bolt, just to take your trailer, even if they did have the tools.

I think I saw someone else question it, but they do make those over priced pins at Bushtec, but they send them out for chrome, which sometimes gets applied too thick.....thus is why the above mentioned lock mechanisms are unpredictable.

Guys, the next time you need a heim joint, check out Bearing Distributors or Applied Technologies. That's the same place Bushtec buys them.

Refuse to pay retail!

Yea, the pin,, we're still waiting for pictures to possibly thwart this in the future.

Usps tracking is Worthless!!

If you dont put insurance on the item your tracking then it does not matter if they loose the item and know its last tracking location .. Your screwed!!Mike

Mike, I understand your frustration, but I have used USPS for almost 20 years in my little mail order/internet business and never had a package lost. I am amazed at the service.

also have never had a package lost at UPS. Had one that was in a train wreck, UPS called me and said they were returning what was left of the package and they paid me for the stuff in it plus refunded my shipping. So that doesn't count as one lost, they weren't in charge of the train! LOL

Now Fed EX.....I tried them a few years ago. Had customers that wanted overnight shipping, I got the first package to them in plenty of time, took three days. No refund. Second overnight, I double checked pickup times and had it there, 2 days, no refund. Final package, I took to their walk up counter and got a receipt time stamped. THREE days and no refund. I tossed everything that had Fed Ex on it and won't darken their door ever again.