IGNORED

What size bolt goes here?

While working on the bike I noticed a bolt missing. It is the lower of the two bolts that hold on the bracket for the rear brake light switch. It can be seen by either looking between the floor board and the frame, or by looking up from underneath. I have a picture of each, if that helps.

Can someone tell me what size bolt goes in there? I tried looking in the shop manual, without much luck. Perhaps it is the same size bolt as the upper one.(?)

Eck, thanks for going to the trouble of checking that out for me. You wouldn't have happened to notice if it was the same as the upper bolt would you (same length, etc.)? Since I have to get a replacement, I need to know wha to ask for. If it's the same as the upper bolt, I will take it out and find a match.

Yes, they are both the same... Take the top one out and head to Lowes, Home Depot or better yet..go to ACE hardware...

Ace Hardare carries lots of metric bolts and chrome ones at that...:thumbsup2:

Vance,

You can locate the hardware your missing here (reference page D7):

http://www.venturerider.org/private/RSVparts.pdf

You are missing the following hardware from what I can tell looking at your photos:

Part identified as: #7 = 90176-10075-00 Crown Nut, quantity of (1) missing

Part identified as: #8 = 90170-10206-00 Nut, quantity of (1) missing

Part identified as # 6 = 95827-11080-00 Bolt, quantity of (1) missing

Vance, I forgot to mention a strong caution note here...

I highly reccomend you do not ride that bike until you repalce the bolt and nut... that is a bolt in the frame assembly where two pieces of the frame attach.......

yep, get it replaced before you take the chance of a possible "last" ride...

:080402gudl_prv: