IGNORED

Where does the air go?

Folks,

The scoot in question is my 84 VR MKI with CLASS. Question is; where does the air go? ... or better yet, where is it coming out? Seems as though every time I go for a dialy ride, I have to add some air to the front forks via the CLASS compressor - I like the feel at about 16-18 lbs. And if I skip a day or so, the forks are flat empty, and have to go from zero to 16-18 lbs.

Is this normal?

Where is the air leaking from? :confused24:

What's the remedy? :confused07:

I'll be putting in Progressives once the riding season is coming to a close, so fork air won't be so critical - but for now, I'd like some input on how that air is getting out.

Thanks so much - any input is much appreciated.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Folks,

The scoot in question is my 84 VR MKI with CLASS. Question is; where does the air go? ... or better yet, where is it coming out? Seems as though every time I go for a dialy ride, I have to add some air to the front forks via the CLASS compressor - I like the feel at about 16-18 lbs. And if I skip a day or so, the forks are flat empty, and have to go from zero to 16-18 lbs.

Is this normal?

Where is the air leaking from? :confused24:

What's the remedy? :confused07:

I'll be putting in Progressives once the riding season is coming to a close, so fork air won't be so critical - but for now, I'd like some input on how that air is getting out.

Thanks so much - any input is much appreciated.

:fingers-crossed-emo

If your fork seals need attention, air will get out fairly quickly. However a leak in the hose to the front forks could be the culprit too. Take a bottle of soapy solution and spray it around the fork seals and any of the connections leading to the front off the compressor. Any leaks will make lots of bubbles.... Also I noticed you said that the fork pressure read '0'psi. Generally the lowest reading you can get is 7psi when they're empty???

If your fork seals need attention, air will get out fairly quickly.

I would think that oil would come out the seals, assuming fork oil level is somewhat reasonable.

Mine was shooting oil out the left fork a couple of days before the international, and I ran plastic around seal & stopped it..

Also check the 2 fittings on top of the class compressor, 14mm bolts, I think.

Gary