IGNORED

Signal Dynamics Light Bar Install

Just received the Signal Dynamics Light Bar and have a wiring question. My RSV already has the LED light/spoiler on the top of the trunk (I think it is an OEM accessory) and I traced the wiring from that light under the seat and up to (or past) the battery.

My question is this, I can either strip some insulation on existing wiring under the seat and solder the light bar wiring to it or I could cut the wires and put in a couple spade plugs (and seal things to keep out moisture) to allow easy removal of the trunk if needed.

Any advantages to either method? :confused24: I'm guessing either one would work but want to get the thoughts of those that have a better handle of electrical systems.

Thanks!

I'd put connectors for any wiring going to the trunk/auxilary lights. And then put shrink tubing over that to keep water out. If you have to take it apart, all you need to do is cut the shrink tube off and then replace it when reassembling it later.

:2cents:

Larry

I would order this:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4200&title=auxillary-tail-light-harness-for-royal-star-venture&cat=35

Then you just unplug the connector beside the battery, plug this in, make your connection there without having to hack into any of the bikes wiring.

I agree it's the best way to connect without damage to the factory harness.

I don't know which light bar you got but I found some where ALL lights are lit both low and high instead of just 3 on low. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300726370812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I ordered some of the clear lens,some red lens and some amber to install on my 06 RSV.

They also have a clear lens with white LED version that would make a nice light for the trunk or inside of a trailer.

other option is grab it at the rear , make a harness with male and female bullet connectors, unplug the factory and plug in the middle, no splicing. Downside is running a wire loom but they make those in pretty colors. I always solder and heat shrink.