IGNORED

carb diaphram ? for 87vr

Has anyone tried or knows if diaphrams SD1 & SD10 are identical or interchangeable? read thru all posts in search and couldn't find a definative answer before I order a set.

Edited to add, I can get an SD10 set now, whereas the SD1 is on back order.

Edited by Max
add line

If you go to their site they list

SD1x4 which is a set of four... out of stock until 8-15 (no listing for simply SD1)

SD10 which is a single... in stock

clicking on details identify BOTH used on the 83-93 Venture

http://www.siriusconinc.com/search_result.php?make=2&model=xvz1300&part=1&partno=&search=search&x=54&y=9

If you are seriously in need... simply call them...

TUES-THURS 9-6 EST

FRI 9-1 EST

SAT - SUN - MON ON-LINE SHOPPING ONLY - We are proud to give our employees weekends off with their families

Sirius Consolidated Inc.

44 Saltsman Dr Ste 8

Cambridge Business Park

Cambridge, Ontario N3H 4R7

e-mail: sci@siriusconinc.com

716 304-9745 PHONES ARE ONLY ANSWERED TUES-THURS 9-5 (if you need a call back e-mail your number please)

Fax (888) 894-2755

Ordering online is the fastest, most accurate and secure way to order from Sirius (we never see your credit card info). If you prefer to order over the phone there will be a $10 processing fee to cover the additional security measures needed to store your Credit card info.

If our phones are busy (we get hundreds of calls per day) please leave a message, we will call you back within 24 hours weekdays !

Emailed SCI & Martin was prompt to respond with

"The are made from different suppliers sir but fit the same models and youneed to order the SD10 on the site before they sell out sir... Martin"

Ordered them online for instore pick-up Thursday afternoon as I'm in the area that day. Pricing on their website is set of 4 SD1's - $99.99, 4 single SD10's 17.99 each = $71.96 Considerable gap in price for same product different supplier. Anyhow, they're ordered and I'll followup. Martin also mentioned no discount for VRO members for this particular item

Picked up 4 SD10's at SCI (great folks to deal with) yesterday $81.00 tax in. Installed diaphrams, cleaned and sync'd carbs today. Noticed an immediate difference in performance all round during (100k, 60mi) test run . :hihi:

Only had one minor problem, 3 of the 4 diaphram alignment tabs were 1.5 mm oversized and wouldn't fit into it's recess, trimmed with scissors. The 4th one fit like OEM. Other than that the dimensions are identical to originals. All originals were riddled with holes and tears. A successfull mini MD. :cool10: