IGNORED

Time to go west again.

Midrsv

We made it to Great Falls, MT tonight. Great ride up through the Lewis and Clark Forest. We ran into some Wing riders in White Sulfer Springs and they had ridden on a road that was being repaved with a bypass around a bridge and through the river bed. The dual-sport BMW guys don't have anything on these guys. The wings were encrusted in mud. We saw them after lunch and they were all shiny again after going to the car wash.

On to East Glacier tomorrow.

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=4e6e4ff8a01b0feb1

www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_20

Wow, TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!!

I'd really rather be up there riding with you today, but I remember the last 50 miles into Cody from the east,,,,, was just like riding thru the desert!!!!!

Beartooth and Chief Joseph made up for it tho.......

We better have another rally in a couple of years out there again!!!!!

How about next year...... we loved the awesome riding up there too :thumbsup2:

I just placed a 15 minute video of part of our ride across Beartooth yesterday. Not great quality and sound but it gives you a sense of the area.

Dennis

I loved that trip that I rode it twice last year, loved it! except for the slippery, greasy tar snakes. I was following Broafoot and myrna down on their Roadstar and he almost took a guardral on one. Had ta ride the second time to if I could keep up with Dano.

Brian

Edited by friesman

We had a good, leisurely ride today down us93 from Kalispel to Salmon, ID. It was a very pretty ride. Our hotel room overlooks the Salmon River where we've been watching rafters go by. On to Jackson Hole tomorrow.

www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_23

dija give the pakidaho guys (Teri and Erv) a shout and sample their beer? theyre in Salmon. Nicest couple anywhere.

Brian

First, I have to appologize to Teri and Erv for not calling them. I have not other excuse other than I just forgot. We checked into the hotel and immediately started working on a load of laundry and it slipped my mind. I'm old you know.

Anyway, we made it to Jackson, WY today. It was a 235 mile trip and we discovered that there was a stretch of about 130 miles with no gas. We ran upon a 1 pump general store about 90 miles south of Salmon and thought we were safe until we found out they ran out of gas yesterday. We managed to make it to the next gas about 30 miles on down the road and we had about 30 miles of range left.

We were also surprised by how desolate that part of Idaho is. We're staying 2 nights in Jackson and we plan to ride through the Teton National Park tomorrow.

Dennis

www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_24

We spent the day today around Jackson WY. Rode through the Grand Teton National Park and rode over to Teton Village and rode the tram to the top of the mountain. a 4,000 ft elevation change. We're dropping my wife at the airport in the morning and turning east for home. Should be home Saturday.

www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_25

We covered about 650 miles today and made it to North Platte, NE. We dropped my wife at the airport in Jackson at 6:00 this morning and I'm closer to home than she is. Delta screwed the day up royally. Her 9:00 AM flight had mechanical trouble and to make a long story short, Delta put her up at the Radisson in Salt Lake City after screwing around for 6 hours. Delta customer service sucked. Keep in mind that I have all of her stuff with me. She only carried what she thought she needed on the plane. Fortunately, she had her phone charger.

We hope to get to somewhere close to Columbia MO tomorrow and she hopes to get home.

www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_26

Dennis

We made it home today after riding 440 miles in great weather.

In summary, we travelled 4976 miles and stopped 39 times for gas. I used 142 gallons and averaged 35.04 mpg pulling the trailer.

We shot over 4350 photographs. The SPOT site has been viewed 1350 times since we left and I've attached the completed track here.

Larry snapped a few more shots today and I've placed them on the web at: www.traynorphoto.com/glacier_7_28

In a few days I plan to consolidate all of the daily photo pages into a single link. When I do I'll post the link.

I hope you've enjoyed riding along with us. We're already thinking about next year.

It's good to be home!