IGNORED

My buddy needs a speedo

JohnT

Hope this is the right forum. I sold my 84 to a good friend and he has been unable to fix the speedo. Does anyone have a working speedometer? Or an entire cluster? It appears the drive broke where the cable goes in.

Which approach should he take? It seems to me changing the entire cluster would be easiest.

Thanks in advance.

I have a cluster for an 84, I think, that I will give to you. I am in Rochester, so I am close by. Does it have the red light in the tach for the cruise, I think the one I have has that light? I will look at it tomorrow afternoon and confirm.

Jim

Oh man, that would ROCK! We are near Watertown so a trip down that way is not a big deal. Especially since I am kind of planning on getting to Lock 32 to go paddling at some point soon. There is a white water park there. Or it's just not to far to take a ride for a free speedometer.

The red light for cruise? His doesn't have cruise but that shouldn't matter.

not sure if itll work but there is one for an 83 in the classifieds.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4171&title=1983-guage-cluster&cat=6

david

Thanks. I will run both options past Tim today when we go to lunch. That one looks to be mint.3 or 4 bikes are going to Lake Placid area to try the "Tail Of The Pup" today.

I am trying to convince Tim of the value of joining this motley crew of bikers. Man, I have gotten $12 worth of laughs alone. And a return many times over in useful information and help. This may just do it. :)

:cool10: And as an added bonus feature I will have access to his "bad" cluster to practice finding the jumpers for my HID headlight conversion.

foot note; In the above post the word "bad" was originally "junk" as in trash. But there was NO WAY I was going to put in print that "I would have access to his junk",,,,,,:rotf:Not on this forum.

:cool10: And as an added bonus feature I will have access to his "bad" cluster to practice finding the jumpers for my HID headlight conversion.

foot note; In the above post the word "bad" was originally "junk" as in trash. But there was NO WAY I was going to put in print that "I would have access to his junk",,,,,,:rotf:Not on this forum.

As long as his junks not in a glow in the dark speedo.............HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

David