IGNORED

Need audio advice...

First time posting. Been lurking a while. I just bought a 99 Venture. The previous owner removed the CB and stereo. The speakers have been changed to Clarion and there are wires run to the right saddlebag for a stereo. I really would like intercom, CB, and FM radio. What are my options?

I have a JM 2003 intercom/cb system I bought for a previous bike and didn't use. It has a Harley bracket on it and no headsets. The wiring harness and antenna are there, though. Looking for a reasonably priced solution. Originally thought I could pick up the parts to restore the bike to original condition, but people think they are made of gold.

:(

The wires in the bags should be on the left side of your bike, while u are sitting on it. I like the stock and you might find what you need from a wrecked bike. Other option is to get a bluetooth headset / intercom. The CB function can be very nice if you are riding in a group.

Guest tx2sturgis

I wonder you have looked at the Shark units? They have stereo and intercom units...not sure if they carry any CB units.

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/c=UEJ3ta9Njn1PPHoIDiGC7yq5X/product/SHKMRC3080DBC/sale-Shark-SHKMRC3080DBC-k-250w-motorcycle-snowmobile-audio-system-W--3-speakers-shkr3080a-k--shkr3080b-k.html

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/product/SHKLXMT723/shark-SHKLXMT723-Waterproof-Motorcycle-FM-radio--AMP--AUX-IN-AUDIO-OUT-CLOCK.html

You might be able to find a way to install the speakers and amp, and use the included controller with an mp3 player, and some already have the FM radio built in.

Either, way, the price seems reasonable.

Edited by tx2sturgis

I wonder you have looked at the Shark units? They have stereo and intercom units...not sure if they carry any CB units.

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/c=UEJ3ta9Njn1PPHoIDiGC7yq5X/product/SHKMRC3080DBC/sale-Shark-SHKMRC3080DBC-k-250w-motorcycle-snowmobile-audio-system-W--3-speakers-shkr3080a-k--shkr3080b-k.html

You might be able to find a way to install the speakers and amp, and use the included controller with an mp3 player, and some already have the FM radio built in.

Either, way, the price seems reasonable.

I looked at these yesterday at a local car audio shop, very kool unit, accepts sd cards, usb memory sticks, aux input. I think 300 watts through 3" speakers that sounded pretty good. Has a remote that worked through a cinder block wall so putting the unit in a saddle bag is no problem. I considered buying one just for the usb & sd slots. I think the one I looked at was made by BOSS.

http://www.cruisingwithtunes.com/100_watt_system_with_usb_sd_bullets_or_oval.html

Edited by ragtop69gs

I have a JM 2003 intercom/cb system I bought for a previous bike and didn't use. It has a Harley bracket on it and no headsets.

:(

You can get a bracket for Yamaha, in the J&M catalog their brackets are listed at about $60. Just run a standard antenna cable under the tank and seat to the rear. I am assuming that the PO left the antenna brackets on, if so you could probaby hook the J&M antenna on it. To get new headsets for that system shouldn't be anymore expensive than getting new ones for a stock Yamaha system.

Of course that doesn't give you AM/FM, but the J&M does have an auxiliary input so you could use an MP3 player for tunes.

If you decide to go with what you have, I would call J&M to verify that you get the correct mount. They have one for most Yamaha cruisers and one for the Stratoliner.