IGNORED

2010 Ford F-150 rearend troubles....

bj66

Hi

I had a tv set that was under warranty @ Best Buy. I had to have the repair man come to repair the tv set 3 times for the same problem. They told me that under the Lemon Law, since I had it repaired 3 times for the same thing, I could get a brand new tv set. Which I did get a brand new set.

Now I know this is not a tv set, but I was wondering since you are still under warranty, I was thinking maybe you could get a new truck under the Lemon Law. However, I live in Texas and I don't know if you have the Lemon Law where you live. But, it might be worth checking out.

Hal :cool10:

This does not pertain to this but, in Ky the Lemon Law does not apply to any sort of recreational vehicle, be it a boat or any form of motorcycle, ATV, etc. Or for that matter a motor vehicle registered and licensed as a RV!

This does not pertain to this but, in Ky the Lemon Law does not apply to any sort of recreational vehicle, be it a boat or any form of motorcycle, ATV, etc. Or for that matter a motor vehicle registered and licensed as a RV!

Well, this is a truck, so I thought it could pertain.

Hal :cool10:

Its sounds to me like you have had two different problems. The first being a chatter on tight turns which can be fixed if the friction modifier does not help. The second is harder to tell by your description of it. But I can tell you the first problem should have been fixed on the first attemp. MAYBE the repair was done wrong. MAYBE not. I can tell you that ford parts are made to specs and these specs are tighter than they have ever been. (engine bearings are now mearsured in ten thousands instead of thousands of an inch) Thats why we are able to run these engines longer miles with proper maintence and why the correct oils are so important. Any way back to the topic. Ask to see your technicans certifications. Is he drive train certified? Does that shop have the proper equipment to set up the axle? If not take it to another dealer. Ask for a senior master tech to perform the repairs. Because you described the problems differently I don"t think I'd pounce on the lemon law thing just yet. It has to be the same problem each time. If the dealer is replacing the same parts each time and not fixing the problem then maybe it is being mis-diagnosed. Maybe they are repairing the results and not the cause of the problem. Good luck and remember that any body can produce a bad vehicle or model it is not limited to Ford. But I don't think you have one, I think you have not gotten good service.

kickshot

What do you mean"you could feel the slip right away"??

Was it shuddering or was the inside tire squealing ?

It was shuddering, no squeal. The first time shop foreman rode with me. Second time I took it in one of the mechanics rode with me. We idled around the lot the 2nd time and the rearend was worse than the first time, mechanic told me it was the clutches, so I let them fix it. Its under warranty so I didnt gripe.