IGNORED

Kuryakyn Triple Whammy for RSV

SMSgt

I have had a Kuryakyn Triple Whammy on my Road Star for a couple of years now and have been looking for one for the RSV. Problem is they don’t make a plug and play Triple Whammy and I’m really not in the mood to cut on any more wires on the RSV. It is not available for the RSV as a plug and play.

So anyway I bought a wire harness from a member here Steve Kawalcky aka M61A1MECH on the forum and in the course of the conversation I asked if he could build an adapter to plug the Road Star Triple Whammy into the RSV.

After some discussion and pictures going back and forth an expertly build adapter arrived at my house.

I plugged it into the RSV and wa-la I had triple whammy taillights on the RSV. Everything works the same as on the R* and I couldn’t be happier. No cut wires and things worked perfectly.

I ordered another Triple Whammy for the R* so I will have that added safety feature on both motorcycles.

If you are interested you will need to buy a Kuryakyn part number 4602. This will come with lenses red bulbs for the turn/running lights. If you have already converted to clear lenses and red bulbs you will need a Kuryakyn part number 4612 this not come with the lenses or bulbs. If you shop on line you can find better prices than on Kury’s site.

Thanks to M61A1MECH for all your help.

Kent

P.S. If you don't know what a Triple Whammy is go to Kuryakyn web site and you can see what I'm typing about.

Edited by SMSgt

I'll get some on this afternoon. I suppose you can find some operational units on you tube. But I will be glad to gat a pic or two and if I can get a video to load I'll try that too.:big-grin-emoticon:

Took a few pics of the RSV and attempted a video in my shop.

Here is a [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dv6aH4JJ8c]youtube[/ame] of the Triple Whammy in action.

Triple Whammy from Road Star.

attachment.php?attachmentid=69015&stc=1&d=1341186936

Adapters to convert Road Star Triple Whammy to plug into the RSV.:big-grin-emoticon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=69016&stc=1&d=1341186936

Triple Whammy with adapters

attachment.php?attachmentid=69017&stc=1&d=1341186936

Back of RSV with brake lights on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=69018&stc=1&d=1341186936

Before the conversion to clear lenses and LEDs.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6930&d=1312082155

Edited by SMSgt

I have run turn brake led set up on the back of my rsv. my turn signals are red in the center and amber outer ring.

Just a reminder if your rear turn signals aren't red you can get a ticket for them being illuminated all the time.

I think you have the rsv lite up now on the back.

If you buy the more expensive Kuryakyn kit # 4602 it comes with red bulbs and clear lenses. I had already converted my RSV to red LED and clear lenses so I put a # 4612 on it. Now the turn signals are running lights and turn signals. Just like my truck the red tail lights are also red turn signals.