I've looked at the previous posts on adding a fairing to a RSTD. I really like the looks of the stratoliner deluxe fairing and was wondering if anyone happened to know how much modification would be necessary to make it fit an RSTD...I've seen the ones that look like a harley fairing, but am wanting a different look...

Any input?

Thanks!

I've looked at the previous posts on adding a fairing to a RSTD. I really like the looks of the stratoliner deluxe fairing and was wondering if anyone happened to know how much modification would be necessary to make it fit an RSTD...I've seen the ones that look like a harley fairing, but am wanting a different look...

Any input?

Thanks!

Haven't a clue, but it should look good...like to see pics when done!!

Cheers,

Paul.:080402gudl_prv:

I have contemplated the Stratoliner Deluxe fairing myself after seeing one in person at my local dealer. I spent a bit of time looking at it. Its not a bad buy, particularly if you have a Midnight RSTD because you can get the fairing prepainted from Yamaha in Raven Black which matches the midnight. I think it would look nice since that fairing sweeps and and matches the pull back on the bars since RSTD and Strat have a similar pull back. However you would have to modify it signifcantly in terms of mounting. On the strat it mounts to the 1" bars in about the same place our speedometer is. Also to sit correctly over the RSTD speedo you would have to cut/trim into the storage cubby in the center of the fairing. The headlight opening in the fairing is shaped like the Strat headlight the round RSTD headlight may look odd inthe oblong opening. I wasn't willing to spend 1200.00 on something and begin cutting on it though.

In terms of what it would look like, someone photoshopped one onto a venture and posted it up in one of the 2013 venture threads.

RSTDdog