IGNORED

Did I loose the shock?

calperin

After 2 years I found the saddlebags guard bars for the RS 97, and i got them. (Yes I paid at least 100$ over the price since it is not on the market anymore...).

I finished to put it, and I didn't realize that one of the upper plates is not on the same positition regarding the saddlebag than the other one.

After I runned the bike yesterday, it seems that my rear shock is not longer working now.

Did somebody had been on the same situation any time? I'll correct that now, but I wonder if due to the lateral force the shock is not on perfect line and that is enough to stop working.

Or when I put the lower plates, and release each one of the two bolts that holds the frame on each lower side (One at the time) that some way released the shock and now is totally loose, and this is the real reason for the shock not working anymore since it is loose.

Thanks for any advise on this.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Ok,

Can somebody that has a RS 96 or 97 with saddlebags guards tell me where the plates are attached?

Specially the lower one, since it seems that the upper one has no other side that the front saddlebag holder bolt.

I start to believe is that the bar attached to both rear fender and lower part of the frame is not letting the shock move and the suspension work.

Thanks,

:mytruck1:

Ok,

Nobody knows or never install Saddlebags Crash Bars.

After review everything, and thanks to the review with Carbon One (Thanks Larry) and STAR4772 (Thanks Joe), we conclude that the draw that comes with the bars originals from YAMAHA was WRONG!!!

We finished putting the lower plates on the opposite as YAMAHA recomended since it was not letting the swing arm to work all the way free.

Only put this here to let them know to somebody else that could be on the same boat that I was during this weekend....

AH, THANKS YAMAHA for let me scratch the paint on the swing arm.

Nothing like to be cover with an original part....

:no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no: