IGNORED

Added another trailer to the stable....

MikeM

As always, Craigslist cost me some more $$ today.

Saw a simple ad for "cargo trailer" in the motorcycle section,clicked and it read "Shoreline cargo trailer. Works well". No pictures in the ad, no phone # but I sent a e-mail for more info and sent my phone #.

I forgot about the ad then later this morning I get a call from the guy. I asked what kind of shape it was in and he said.....Well it has a few chips in the paint in the front from being towed and a small scuff in the paint on a back corner. I'm thinkin....wouldn't it be great if that were the ONLY issues?!

I got the directions and headed over to look at it.

It turns out he bought it new in 1981, used it gently for a few years then it sat in his barn "for a looooong time". His description was right on! When he first bought it he didn't like the short tongue and the way it towed and he wanted to get the ice chest out of the inside for more room so he made a new 1 piece tongue,added a rack for the ice chest,made a insulated cover for the ice chest then decided to build a rear bumper and have it chromed.

He also said there were some problems with the wiring when it was new and instead of laying on the ground to work on the wiring,he built a really neat stand that slides under the trailer hooking on to the axle and rear frame section. Once the stand is under the trailer,you simply pick up the tongue and the trailer rolls on to the back and is VERY sturdy. This makes it a breeze to check the wiring,pack the bearings etc. He had the trailer stored on end in the barn for years. This demo of the stand gave me a good opportunity to inspect the bottom of the fiberglass and frame etc.

Anyway, the fiberglass is in like new condition,the original paint is still in pretty good shape(good enough to use as is) and he included a chrome swivel hitch,the stand,the ice chest and cover and 2 new unmounted tires.

It cost me about as much as a new HF tagalong would have but The Shoreline is built much better IMO.

So far my only plans are to change out the bulbs for LEDs,clean,inspect and pack the bearings,mount new tires and change the plug out to one that will hook to my bike.

I couldn't resist and took it to town,loaded up 80 pounds of dog food and a weeks worth of groceries and it pulled fine.

I haven't had time to clean the barn dust off yet but it don't look too bad............

http://i47.tinypic.com/30139ea.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zoak95.jpg