IGNORED

Back from the Ga. Meet and eat..

DragonRider

Just walked in from the meet & eat, have to say it was a great time as usual, met some new friends and saw some old ones as usual, you cant go to one without meeting new friends...........great turnout, great food, great weather, great host (Blackjack) and a fantastic ride. Did 240 miles by the time I got home. Posting some pics...........I had such a great time, I forgot to take more pics than this, but others were taking some so be patient there will be more..............:whistling::whistling:

There are also more pics and posts abaut this meet in the rides and rallies sections.

I see some of the ususal suspects, sure wish I could have put 240 miles on today :( M&E are always fun and you southern folks do know how to have a good time. I do believe I think I saw Gray Ghost in there some where as well as Eck and 86er and of course Blackjack....keep them pics coming

Guest KitCarson

Looks like all of you had a good time, just a casual observation, why are all of you wearing hats? Was the sun out.....sunburn protection???:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::bighug:

Please note that this message was also posted in the Meet & Eat section, since some folks are reading that thread in lieu of this one:

A big round of applause and my very special Thanks! go to everyone that attended the inaugural North GA Monthly M&E yesterday, especially since there was less than a week's notice and the day started out in the mid to low 30s.

Forum Members:

WitchDoctor

Gray Ghost

Chas

brokespur

Eck

royalstarjac

geretsi

Fly-N-Lo

DragonRider

86er

Guests:

Paula French

Elizabeth Fargason

Justin Dulgar

Sharron King

Kenny McCombs

As has been mentioned in previous posts, and confirmed by a number of personal comments, a very good time was indeed had by all. The cool morning started off with lots of hugs and coffee in the Cracker Barrel parking lot as everyone arrived. We were soon seated for breakfast at two adjacent tables which were comfortably close to the amazingly warm fireplace. The conversation was lively as we ate until the biscuits and gravy started coming out our ears.

This month's prize, a $10 Cracker Barrel Gift Card, was awarded to our good friend Eck for having traveled the longest distance to arrive at the M&E: his one-way total was 183.5 miles. We all know that Venture Riders will go to any length for food and friendship, and that has been proven yet again.

After a brief stop at a nearby outfitters, where 86er and I both obtained a likely illegal but none-the-less way-cool flashing led safety vest (for way less than half-price, mind you! http://www.actiongear.com/cgi-bin/ta...Fresults%2Etam), we took off for a delightful group ride (ably led by 86er) through the rambling and beautiful countryside. In the course of time our numbers dwindled by ones and twos as folks turned off to head home and to other destinations.

As you've already seen in the posted photos, the six remaining riders (86er, DragonRider, royalstarjac, Chas, Kenny McCombs and myself) purposefully and appropriately found our way to the official pitstop of VR.Org, aka Dairy Queen! fnd_%2816%29.gifOnce we got back on our scoots it wasn't too far down the road before we honked and waved and shouted good-bye, then headed home.

I'm especially grateful to 86er, DragonRider, and Fly-N-Lo, who have not only shown support for the idea to have monthly get-togethers, but have also agreed to be co-hosts for these events throughout the year. :happy65:

And yes, that really is a picture of me on a 2nd Gen! My friend and guest Kenny had offered to let me ride his 07 and was very interested in riding my 83. Since it is reasonably beyond the purview of this post, I will refrain from letting you know my opinion at this time...:whistling:

I hope you'll join us for the next one, to be held on Saturday, February 9th. Stay tuned for location details.

Terry