IGNORED

Bongobobny.............

DragonRider

Many thanks and a tip of the helmet to Bob for donating a rear master brake cylinder for my 83 Venture, what I wasn't expecting was something that looked like it came straight from the factory, if Bob hadnt told me it was rebuilt, I would have thought it was brand spanking new, I now have brakes, not the greatest, but have rear brakes again, next step will be the stainless steel brake lines front and back, that will be a great improvement, its not 100% yet but its getting there. Still waiting on the carb diaphragms from Sirius, they should be here sometime next week.

Once again the members here are fantastic, couldnt ask for a nicer bunch of people, always willing to help out another. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Bob, since you wont let me pay you for it, I will be making a donation to the St. Jude fund. :mo money:

You're very welcome Lewis!!

Unfortunately, for the MK1 the only real way to get better brakes is to upgrade to MK2 which involves changing out your front forks to MK2 ones and also replacing the rear caliper bracket with a MK2 one and coming up with an adapter for the mounting hole where it attaches to the swingarm. Rubber bushings and a fender washer work. You also have to replace the rotors and the front ones are no longer available as new that I know of. You will notice a slight improvement with the SS lines but not a day/night difference that you would notice with a MK2...

I am thinking I didn't get them bled good enough, did it by myself, not the easiest thing to do especially when doing the front, Charlene is going to help me later and see if I don't see some improvement, I know its not the pads, they don't have more than 10,000 miles on them.

You're very welcome Lewis!!

Unfortunately, for the MK1 the only real way to get better brakes is to upgrade to MK2 which involves changing out your front forks to MK2 ones and also replacing the rear caliper bracket with a MK2 one and coming up with an adapter for the mounting hole where it attaches to the swingarm. Rubber bushings and a fender washer work. You also have to replace the rotors and the front ones are no longer available as new that I know of. You will notice a slight improvement with the SS lines but not a day/night difference that you would notice with a MK2...

No wonder you didn't say anything last night, It is actually carrying less weight now than when I first got her 8 years ago.................and Charlene saying you are so laid back and quiet...........she hasn't seen your corruption since joining VR.:doh::doh:

I dont know for sure but do you think it might be all the extra weight your carrying around these days?:stickpoke::buttkick::stickpoke: