IGNORED

Desperate Need For A Part

Hotrod

I have a 2007 venture.I have been wanting to upgrade the handlebars on my bike for sometime and came across a great deal from a member here and bought a set of Tour Deluxe bars to replace my stock ones. This past Saturday, I proceeded to swap everything out.This is when the nightmare began. When changing out the throttle cables, I opened up the junction box where all the cables come together, and the spring that is in there popped out and went in on top of the front of the engine and fell down like a plinko chip.I have removed the lower farings to get better access as well as remove the engine braces to be able to see better and still cannot find this spring.Tried a magnet on a telescoping pole and put it anywhere i could hoping the spring could be located.No luck.Tried using air compressor and blowing up in and around engine to maybe dislodge and fall out.No luck.I went online to order new one. I found part# and ordered one.$5.50 for spring and $9.95 to ship.I received e-mail today that says this spring is on back order until July 25 2012 or later. I called other Yamaha retailers and was told the same thing.One checked and said there was not one in any warehouse or dealership in the States or in Japan.I asked how that was possible,they still make this motorcycle.He said he did not know.He did say the junction box is exclusive to the Venture and Tour Deluxe and the 1st Generation Venture.Does any one have one thy can part with new or old,does not matter?I am desperate

Thanks for the help.I ordered 2 different sets of cables from Pin Wall and hope I get at least 1 with the spring still inside the box.Thanks for the links FuzzyRSTD,you have been a great help.I hope to eventually get a lot of enjoyment from the handlebars I purchased from you.

Thanks for the help.I ordered 2 different sets of cables from Pin Wall and hope I get at least 1 with the spring still inside the box.Thanks for the links FuzzyRSTD,you have been a great help.I hope to eventually get a lot of enjoyment from the handlebars I purchased from you.

Your welcome my friend. I really did not realize that you where the one I sold the bars to, until I had made the post. I then figured it out. I had to go back to my PayPal account and look you up.

I know I really love my new Flanders. They say the RSTD bars on a Venture are the same affect. So I hope all goes well.

I had to readjust my bars after a short ride just the night before a 1,000 mile round trip. Glad

I did, I loved them.

Mark the center of the bars and also a line horizontal at the middle attaching area. This will give you a reference when you adjust the bars. You may have to readjust as I, and when you do, you will be glad you have the reference marks. I marked mine with a Sharpy black permanent marker.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :usa: