IGNORED

Southern Onatrio, to, MD

Marcarl

All packed and ready to go.... time to put in the address for the hotel we were planning on stopping at. Choose "Select State/Province"... hit "O" for Ohio... and all it shows is Ontario.

When I got the Zumo 660 I updated the maps for Canada/USA... but if I type "Cal" for California... it doesn't find it. WTF.... U.S. isn't loaded???!!!!!

Okay... Garmin site... redownload maps.... 1 hour to go. Was hoping to be at the border by now ! If it does work... won't be leaving Kitchener until 8:30. Hmmmm.... 2 1/2 hours to Hamburg NY for where we were thinking of stopping for the night. Would put us there at 11pm + time at the border.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

I'll wait until this update finishes... and at the very least go to Casablanca area and find a hotel there to spend the night.

Been looking out of the window here at home and thinking about you guys...

what a nasty day it is. Rain,Wind and Cold all at the same time. Hope its a bit better out there along the route. Bravo to all that left for Oberlin this morning!:scared:

:rain2::yikes::depressed::confused::scubadive::cold::rain2::bowdown::250::yikes::bang head:

getting depressed....back to :draming:for me.

Been looking out of the window here at home and thinking about you guys...

what a nasty day it is. Rain,Wind and Cold all at the same time. Hope its a bit better out there along the route. Bravo to all that left for Oberlin this morning!:scared:

:rain2::yikes::depressed::confused::scubadive::cold::rain2::bowdown::250::yikes::bang head:

getting depressed....back to :draming:for me.

I've been doing the same. Been driving around Kitchener in this cold wet miserable weather and hoping that the Southern Ontario group made it ok. Someone needs to get on here and tell us that they made it safely. Please. :puzzled:

Thomas

Had some rain on the way down but we were all dressed for it. 6 bikes left Grimsby around 10am. Elyria by 5pm... even made it for dinner !

Thanks for the update Don. Glad to hear you guys made it safely. Have a good time!

Thomas

:thumbsup:

Home ! Had a good ride. The group split up in Windsor. Evan, Phil, and I continued along the 401 and Wayne, Carl and Ben took highway 3. Not sure how they did with rain but we managed to stay between the clouds most of the way (rain to the North and South but we stayed dry) until we were almost to Woodstock when we hit a brief shower.

Had another great time at MD and a big thank you to Freebird and his wife for a great event ! Nancy and I are looking forward to next year already.