IGNORED

I can't wait til these show up!!!

I have been dealing with plugged pilot jets on my 84 all this year. As most know seafoam doesn't work well on plugged jets and I didn't want to stop riding the bike long enough to rebuild them. Amazingly enough with the idle cranked up to 15-16grand i'm still getting 37mpg and able to ride. I found these on Ebay and placed a bid. When I got up today I was happy to find I won. $121 with shipping. Does anyone know if all 83's had the adjustable needles?http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=380440103134&si=ZMX9op6qie0ucLl6clKQXmfoPKc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3AOC%3AUS%3A3160&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Should have. Don't forget the Sea-Foam with these. Ultra Sonic should do great on parts it can get to. Might want to check inside of these before mounting.

I can see from the pics they have the original torx screw on the caps so I will pull them and inspect the diaphragms and use the compressor to give all the jets and ports a good shot of air before installing.

So let's see... you are going to have to dismount the existing carbs (that you have a proven history with) and it's advisable to disassemble and inspect the incoming ones...

I would do an existing disassembly and send the bodies and jets out to a speed shop for an ultrasonic cleaning and reassembly. Varnish gone, known quality.

But that's just the training from my dad... keep it cheap but insure the quality !

sorry, meant 1.5-1.6grand, my bad.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Yes it has been stated many times that these engines are bullet proof but they are not scatter proof. I don't think these trusty machines would make it much past 10K before they scattered pieces all over. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Yes it has been stated many times that these engines are bullet proof but they are not scatter proof. I don't think these trusty machines would make it much past 10K before they scattered pieces all over. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Yeah, if I was trying to run the rpm's that high there probably wouldn't be much left to attach the new carbs to.

In the pictures all four slides are in the up position. They should be closed sitting on a bench. Something not right.

I did notice this but I figure at the worst I will have to change the diaphragms and springs. I do know that sometimes when flushing a set of carbs with the slides in place sediment will settle in the slides which is simple to clean out as the slides and diaphragms should be removed and inspected before installation anyway.