IGNORED

I think she knows...

utadventure

when we've got a long, fun ride coming up.

Two years ago, when our local riding group was heading to Boise for a rally, she took the opportunity to demand a little extra attention. She started spitting fuel from the overflow. After a few attempts to fix the issue on the bike, I came time to install the spare set. I enjoyed the ride the put the original (rebuilt) set back on. All good!

Time for another rally, this time in St. George where we can ride Zions Natl Park, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, etc. She's starting to insist on some extra attention..... new tires, front and rear, brake pads all around.

Got the new tires on yesterday....nice ride improvement. Today I put in the new rear pads and then moved to the front (right) brakes. All was going well until one of the four pistons wouldn't press back in. :sick: I tried everything I could, clamps, water pump pliers.... lucky to have a spare caliper, so, I switched them out. Installed the new pads and bled the line. All is good.

:322:

Time to go spend a week riding in just a couple of weeks.

well i got the same problem dirty fuel not using seafoam sitting up for 3+ years only i inheated this problem thinking about running a full can of seafoam thru it first before i have to dismantel and then take it to a pro to fix my screw up lol

A carb rebuild cleared the problem except with one of the carbs. A short/sharp blast of compressed air back through the overflow tube, dislodged whatever remained in the float valve seat and I haven't had a problem since.

Got the suggestion right here on VR.org.

Thanks!!