IGNORED

Let's Ride - Arkansas Motorcycle Brochure

rosebud

Arkansas has a brochure of great motorcycle rides in the state. They have an online version of the brochure to download and a motorcycle video that you watch.

Here is the link to the website: http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/motorcycling/

Thought there might be someone who is thinking of riding in Arkansas this year.

i'm always thanking,but,the doing,is sume times,a little slow:rotf::rotf::bighug:

Thanks for the link Diane. I believe that the roads and scenery in NW Arkansas and SE OK are among the best in the country. Just ask anyone that has made it to Eureka Springs and HWY 123 (?) with the 10mph switchbacks! My company is considering opening a clinic in Branson and I am thinking of going there just to be that much closer to all that good riding!

Guest KitCarson

I semi-grew up in Missouri, Kansas and spent 5 years in Arkansas.....other than West Virginia, and some of the Country in Tenn.......Arkansas is spectacular. I you want a place where when you go around a turn you can look a mile down over vast acres of forest......mountains......run along and cross rivers and streams.......and just plain have a lift of your spirit......go visit Arkansas. Especially Northwest Arkansas.....that is the area of some of the best bike rides ever made.....Start at Rogers or Fayetteville and run to Fort Smith and run back up to Missouri.....great!!

Now Caution: Do not know how it is now......but Eureka Springs used to be kinda tough and rough.......lot of bikes at all different times of the year, and the little town used to call in LEO from other towns to help.....bikers used to really act up and get arrested daily....and it is the home of the Bandito's.

They have been known to be involved in all manner of bad things with visitors and tourists.........last incident I was aware of was last November I think.......they got into it with some other bikers(hells angels) and four of them got shot on one side or the other........at least that time it was between them....not a tourist biker taking a break on a back road.......I know Eureka is a popular place.......just one I have always avoided, because of those kinds of things.......just thought I would mention that little fact. Kit

Thanks for the link Diane. I believe that the roads and scenery in NW Arkansas and SE OK are among the best in the country. Just ask anyone that has made it to Eureka Springs and HWY 123 (?) with the 10mph switchbacks! My company is considering opening a clinic in Branson and I am thinking of going there just to be that much closer to all that good riding!
you traitor,you would actually go to branson and leave me here.what a buddy. :cool10::cool10: :rasberry::rotf::rotf::depressed:

Thanks for the link Rosebud it came at a good time for us as we will be heading down that way last week in Feb. We hope to start our trip in Eureka Springs if the temps are okay,but if not will cage it to Shreveport.

Ron

06 Black Cherry

I semi-grew up in Missouri, Kansas and spent 5 years in Arkansas.....other than West Virginia, and some of the Country in Tenn.......Arkansas is spectacular. I you want a place where when you go around a turn you can look a mile down over vast acres of forest......mountains......run along and cross rivers and streams.......and just plain have a lift of your spirit......go visit Arkansas. Especially Northwest Arkansas.....that is the area of some of the best bike rides ever made.....Start at Rogers or Fayetteville and run to Fort Smith and run back up to Missouri.....great!!

Now Caution: Do not know how it is now......but Eureka Springs used to be kinda tough and rough.......lot of bikes at all different times of the year, and the little town used to call in LEO from other towns to help.....bikers used to really act up and get arrested daily....and it is the home of the Bandito's.

They have been known to be involved in all manner of bad things with visitors and tourists.........last incident I was aware of was last November I think.......they got into it with some other bikers(hells angels) and four of them got shot on one side or the other........at least that time it was between them....not a tourist biker taking a break on a back road.......I know Eureka is a popular place.......just one I have always avoided, because of those kinds of things.......just thought I would mention that little fact. Kit

Kit I just read your post now you have me thinking of avoiding Eureka Springs,I did not know it was home of the Banditos (sheltered up here in Canada ). I do not want to put my wife in any situation she would be uncomfortable with. Depending on temps we were thinking of starting at the Iron Horse motorcycle Resort.

Normally I wouldn't worry about things like that as we don't put ourselves into bad situations.

Ron

06 Black Cherry

Thanks for the link Rosebud it came at a good time for us as we will be heading down that way last week in Feb. We hope to start our trip in Eureka Springs if the temps are okay,but if not will cage it to Shreveport.

Ron

06 Black Cherry

what is in shrevport "oops"i live 35 mls southwest,on US 79 give me a call:cool10:

Guest KitCarson
Kit I just read your post now you have me thinking of avoiding Eureka Springs,I did not know it was home of the Banditos (sheltered up here in Canada ). I do not want to put my wife in any situation she would be uncomfortable with. Depending on temps we were thinking of starting at the Iron Horse motorcycle Resort.

Normally I wouldn't worry about things like that as we don't put ourselves into bad situations.

Ron

06 Black Cherry

It was not my intent to put anyone off the trip.....but you can go to your computer and type in stuff like........Eureka Springs Arkansas and find out about the town..........then Eureka Springs Arkansas and motorcycle and bikers.........bikers and crime......police and bikes.......will show you some of it........evidently they had another one in July previous......another gang war........hitting each other with baseball bats ....out of curosity I looked at some of that this morning....and they now have out of the Chamber of commerce........business people registered For tourists whom wish to vacation and not have to put up with 60 to 100 police and rowdy bikers.......biker free vacations it says.............been awhile since i been there.......sounds about the sameEureka Springs, Arkansas without bikers - TripAdvisor .

Guess they are getting a little fed up with it.....

Arkansas has a brochure of great motorcycle rides in the state. They have an online version of the brochure to download and a motorcycle video that you watch.

Here is the link to the website: http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/motorcycling/

Thought there might be someone who is thinking of riding in Arkansas this year.

I'm thinking about riding in Arkansas every day. Of course all I have to do is get on my bike and ride.

what is in shrevport "oops"i live 35 mls southwest,on US 79 give me a call:cool10:

Just a place to leave the cage and trailer for a couple of weeks while we head toward sunny florida and the Keys maybe Daytona Bike Week.

Ron

It was not my intent to put anyone off the trip.....but you can go to your computer and type in stuff like........Eureka Springs Arkansas and find out about the town..........then Eureka Springs Arkansas and motorcycle and bikers.........bikers and crime......police and bikes.......will show you some of it........evidently they had another one in July previous......another gang war........hitting each other with baseball bats ....out of curosity I looked at some of that this morning....and they now have out of the Chamber of commerce........business people registered For tourists whom wish to vacation and not have to put up with 60 to 100 police and rowdy bikers.......biker free vacations it says.............been awhile since i been there.......sounds about the sameEureka Springs, Arkansas without bikers - TripAdvisor .

Guess they are getting a little fed up with it.....

Not contemplating putting off the trip just like to stay away from any trouble. I am still looking forward to riding some of those beautifull roads,

although we may have to do them in the cage due to weather at the higher elevations.

Ron

Ron

06 Black Cherry

hey ron, come on down to my eureka springs meet in sept. we are going to have one bad bunch of venture riders there. if ya come don't forget the ball bat. never know about them hells angels. :depressed::rotf::rotf::rotfl::2133:

As many times as I have been to Eureka Springs I have never seen or heard of any trouble. There is one motel right at the fork in the road that I would not stay at.Seems to be the place where the rougher looking riders stay, but they don't cause problems. I usually stay at a small motel that has flags and flower boxes out front...can't remember the name. Haven't watched the video yet but there are so many roads to ride in northern Arkansas. Last time I was up there for our class reunion last year I found a couple of new roads that were really nice. If you want a super ride follow 76 out of Branson west until it "ts" with another road just short of the Ok. border. Man, what a ride!!!

hey ron, come on down to my eureka springs meet in sept. we are going to have one bad bunch of venture riders there. if ya come don't forget the ball bat. never know about them hells angels. :depressed::rotf::rotf::rotfl::2133:

I would love to come down there at that time of year but due to my job (Construction) I can't get away for any period of time in the summer or fall.

What would you suggest just in case I can Aluminum or go old fashioned Louisville slugger :rotf:

Just out of curiosty what kind of temps can I expect towards the last week of February as I'm hoping to unload there and ride South.

Ron

the temp could be any where from 35 to 65 degrees,and wet. :2133: i would guess.bill

Thanks Bill I'll have to watch the temps as we get closer.We may have to get together for a cup of coffee as we plan an overnight either in Biloxi or Gulfport.

Ron

Thanks Bill I'll have to watch the temps as we get closer.We may have to get together for a cup of coffee as we plan an overnight either in Biloxi or Gulfport.

Ron

you got to hit eureka springs .lots to see and do.been to two meets there the last 2 years and we had a great time.never a problem.stayed at iron horse stables 2 years ago at allanh's meet and we had a great time.i put the meet on last year at eidelweis inn and it was also a great time.you will love the sites and riding.it will probably be pretty closed up in feb.out of the tourist season.we have never seen any biker gangs or trouble down there .just a load of tourists.i could live down there. it is an awesome and beautiful area.bill :2133:

We've rode through Eureka Springs several time with no problems. Use your judgement, if something or someone makes you uncomfortable get out of there. If you go make sure that you visit the War Eagle Mill.

Thanks Rosebud we will. Our plan is to unload there if the weather is co-operating , if not we will head further South.

Ron

you got to hit eureka springs .lots to see and do.been to two meets there the last 2 years and we had a great time.never a problem.stayed at iron horse stables 2 years ago at allanh's meet and we had a great time.i put the meet on last year at eidelweis inn and it was also a great time.you will love the sites and riding.it will probably be pretty closed up in feb.out of the tourist season.we have never seen any biker gangs or trouble down there .just a load of tourists.i could live down there. it is an awesome and beautiful area.bill :2133:

We will be in Eureka Springs even if it is in the cage.

Ron if you need a place to park your cage and trailer you are more than welcome to park here at my house. I live in Paris Arkansas about 2 hours south of Eureka Springs. Hwy 23 (the pig trail) is 8 miles from here and Mt. Magazine is only 30 min. away. Raymond
raymond hope you make it to my meet again this year.bill :)