IGNORED

Motorcyclists aren’t Targets:How Nissan Juke Misses the Mark

brainfart

While it may just be about "good versus evil" it still promotes the image of motorcyclists as criminals or worse. I'm glad Nissan had the decency to pull the ad and apologize. Now for a good swift kick in the pants to the nit wit who came up with the ad and the one who OK'd it (Or the committee). By the way, the announcer is the same guy who does Sleeman Beer commercials and talks about the company's "shady past" ... odd coincidence!

Andy

Thanks twigg for the update. I called the number and worked through several layers of button pushing before I was advised it was after hours. I was just getting ready to send an e-mail when saw your post.

As an owner of three different Nissan Maximas and three different Z-cars over the years and as a lifetime motorcyclist, I was pissed, to say the least, after watching the commercial.

OK, I can go back to my corner now.

RandyA

Thanks twigg for the update. I called the number and worked through several layers of button pushing before I was advised it was after hours. I was just getting ready to send an e-mail when saw your post.

As an owner of three different Nissan Maximas and three different Z-cars over the years and as a lifetime motorcyclist, I was pissed, to say the least, after watching the commercial.

OK, I can go back to my corner now.

RandyA

It was also posted on the LD Rider List today, so I had you at an advantage :)

That said, it never hurts to remind each other that we need to be vigilant about this kind of thing.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Incredible how some individuals take things so personally. This is just a commercial and is in no way sugesting or promoting that automobile drivers should run over motorcyclist. I would be willing to bet that the percentage of motorcyclist that don't have cars is very minimal. Calm down everyone its just an animated commercial.

Incredible how some individuals take things so personally. This is just a commercial and is in no way sugesting or promoting that automobile drivers should run over motorcyclist. I would be willing to bet that the percentage of motorcyclist that don't have cars is very minimal. Calm down everyone its just an animated commercial.

Because glamourising motorcycles being pursued and destroyed by cars, in a world where car drivers regularly fail to pay attention, and kill motorcyclists is something we definitely should not take to heart.

Nissan would be rather more helpful if they ran campaigns educating the owners of their products about the real hazards out there.

Opinions are like.......well, you know and everyone has one, but, I disagree with your's completely, and I don't think the stupid add was funny.

RandyA

Commercials have a way of shaping our future,, they get us used to new ideas, new ways of doing things, new ways to talk, new ways dress,,, you name it. We should be watchful in what we allow ourselves to be subjected to. The back lash from this commercial shows somewhat how we feel,,, problem is, it's been tried once, it'll be tried again and soon commercials like this will be the norm. It'll be interesting to see how this will develop our thinking and tolerance a few years from now.

Don't care for the commercial. Thanks Carl, you are right, there are a lot things in my mind that derived from commercials. The younger drivers of today have very little common sense as it is, this just gives them fuel for ignorant thoughts. Some believe they are bullet proof in their automobiles.

What was Nissan thinking anyway, makes no since to me.

Fuzzy