IGNORED

CB transmits a buzzing noise.

When I finally got a headset for my RSV, I was told it transmitted a buzzing noise over my voice. I attributed it to the cheap Motocom headset. I have since up graded to J&M headsets. This afternoon, the neighbor across the street asked me to listen for a radio check from his Wing. He came in loud and clear, but he said he could hear me ok, too, but there was a buzzing when I hit the transmit button. The buzzing is the same engine running or not running.

Any suggestions???:confused24:

Does the RSV cb have a talk back function dont have a head set so never tried mine. But if talk back is to loud on a cb it will cause problems. Check SWR's your bikes a 99 coaxial cable does get old. Also clean all antenna connections even where it mounts to the bracket.

I had a similar problem on my '99 that I chased for a good while before I finally found it. Mine was caused by corrosion on the antenna base. The '99 had a terrible antenna. It was bad enough that it was one of the few changes, maybe the only change, that Yamaha made to the bike for the 2000 model year when they went to a different style antenna. The mast is a press fit on the the stud on the antenna base. They would develop corrosion on that stud. I was actually able to twist mine and pull it off the stud and that is when I found that there was a thin layer of oxidation that was preventing it from working correctly. I replace the antennas with Firesticks and have never had another problem with them.

Couple more thoughts for you:

Transmitting on high power? Can do weird things if the receiver is close by.

Antennas switched? CB antenna (the one with the loading coil) should be on the left.

When I got the bike, the AM/FM antenna had already fallen off and the PO had switched the CB to the AM/FM side, as he didn't use the CB but wanted to listen to the radio.

I have replaced both antennas with Firestick knock-offs from flying J. Originally they were solid mounted (still buzzed). I have since installed twist off mounts so I can put the cover on the bike. I may need to look for fold over ones.

High power??? I didn't know there was a selection, Carl.

I would say if it is on the transmit but not on receive it could be the antenna connection or swr. Also was the bike running when you transmitted? If it was I would clean your connections and check those grounds.

Makes no difference running or not. Also receiving is crystal clear.