IGNORED

Cruise Peg Mounts

I have a 2007 Venture and wants to install cruise peg mounts & pegs. Any suggestions on what type is best to use? I purchased floorboard mounts from kuryakyn, but they didn't fit because the engine guard was in the way. I would prefer a floorboard mount but if I have to put them on the engine guard, what type is best? Thanks, Chester

I think that most of us here do use the Kuryakyn pegs but the ones that mount to the crash bars. There is a picture of mine in this thread. Most use the same pegs but with the quickclamp mounts.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4044&highlight=4050

Don,

I have a hard time navigating the Kuryakyn site. The clamps on yours look different than mine (quickclamp?). I trial mounted a set with a clamshell clamp and it looks like the bolt hits the lower fairing when positioned forward.

I'm a noob with highway pegs and any insight you have would be appreciated.

Bob

I think that I may well have been the first Venture owner to ever install the KuryAkyn pegs on a RSV. It was way back in mid 1999. At that time, KuryAkyn had nothing for the RSV and told me that they didn't know if any of their pegs would work or not. I ran across those at a small independent motorcycle shop and they were actually for a Goldwing. I bought them and have had them on the bike ever since. I actually think that the regular clamps work just as well and maybe even better. I see no reason to use the type that I have. They are more expensive and I had to wrap a bit of tape around the bars to make them tighten up properly.

Buck,

Is this the type of setup you have an issue with or can this work for you? I am considering installing the same type of setup when I purchase my RSV MM Edition (very soon I hope) and would like to know if it presents problems that I may not have considered.

The bike is currently listed on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140197092204&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004.

Please tell me (us) what you think.

Jerry

I mounted my pegs last Saturday. Had to rotate the clamp so that it doesn't hit the faring (duh). It's really nice to have an extra place to put your feet.

I'm kinda long in the legs, so I think I'll look into the Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs.

I also see what you mean about the crash bars being flimsy. I'll definitely build a brace.

dharnie,

I asked the seller about the brand of the pegs. But I not sure I'll get an answer, since I have not bidded upon the bike and question has nothing to do with their auction. If seller answers I will pass info on in this thread.

Jerry

dharnie,

According to ebay seller, Markland manufactures the floorboard footrest pictured on the 2001 Venture currently up for auction on ebay. Did very quick search for Markland website but did not find one. Can anyone tell us where we can review and purchase Markland products? I did notice that JC Whitney carries some Markland products, but I don't have time to review their site right now. Thanx for all of your assistance.

Jerry

Back when the first gens were being built, Markland made a lot of accessories for the Venture. Those look like the highway boards that I've seen that were made by Markland for the first gen. I think they are still around but make mostly Goldwing accessories now. I don't know if they make anything like that any longer.

Guest KitCarson

I put the Kuryakan crash bar mounted highway pegs on Crickett last night, with just the weight of my leg I can watch the crash bar flex.......would suggest no one drop their bike with that highway bar sticking out there with extra leverage......looked at the highway bars.....they are mounted to frame with kinda flimsy flat iron pieces........picked up a couple chrome clamps at the Harley shop last night.......for sure going to install braces tomorrow.

dharnie,

I believe JC Whitney has the boards pictured in my earlier post in this thread. I saw them in their latest catalogue on p. 74. Item #CBF063353. Priced at $45.99 set. The manufacturer's name is not given in the catalogue.

Jerry