IGNORED

Whats in the bags?

OwenB

Guest tx2sturgis

Lots of good answers.

Here are a few more:

Spare credit card and a few numbers in case your wallet or phone turns up lost or stolen.

Can of Pledge and a couple of terry cloths for bike cleanup at the motel room.

Sunblocking Chapstik. SPF 10 or better.

Metric hex-type ball drivers, they work alot better than regular hex wrenches. You can get a decent set at HarborFreight for a few dollars.

Small digital tire pressure gage.

Wet-wipes in a ziplock baggie, with some extra water added. Good for cleanup at rest areas, side of the road issues, and for cleaning the sunscreen off your hands before you put them on the grips. Sweat and sunscreen slowly dissolve the grips on a motorcycle.

A small travel bottle of Woolite for cleaning small clothing items in the motel tub if needed. (doorags, socks, headbands, whatever)

Lens cleaning cloths for cameras, glasses, googles etc.

Most of the above will fit in the palm of your hand and packs fairly small.

I also have a few of those zipper canvas bags, similar to money bags, and pack miscellaneous items in them. They help organize the saddlebags. You can buy these at Walmart, or Harbor Freight or some hardware stores.

A small low-pressure air pump for the suspension is handy, and I never travel without a rainsuit. (In drought striken West Texas, its really more wishful thinking than a travel necessity)

I also keep a small portable 12v air compressor on board, and a small can of Slime and a patch kit.

Startron Fuel additive.

On longer trips thu the boonies I carry a small 1 gallon can of extra gas. Hey you never know!

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Radian,

what sort of organizer do you have on the trunk, and where did you get it? Seems like I could use the space if I had a good organizer.

Thanks for your service!

Semper Fi

BigDawg

BigDawg (and others interested)

http://www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AMA0790

http://www.americanmotorcycleaccessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AMA0740

Thank YOU for your Service!

:beer:

:900[1]:

For you guy's that haven't tried it. I use the spray on suntan lotion( wallmart-3 pack) Bull Frog SPF 50 if I can find it. Or the Coppertone Sport SPF 30....both are sweet proof and you don't get any on your hands. Not greasy feeling either.

Portable air compressor, two rain suits,

tool bag, small hand sanitizer, small kleenex, pocket knife, doorags, small cooler, camera case, extra goggles, gloves in the winter, and fleece neck warmers in the winter.

Yama Mama

I forgot first aid kit, shammy cloth, and a bottle of water. I think that is it>

Yama Mama:smile5:

I always carry extra glasses, bananas, bungi cords. a small blanket to stop and have a picnic lunch a couple bottles of water for the lady and diet dew for myself. I have a set of Allen wrenches and open end wrenches also.

:bluesbrother:

Bananas ??? Do you carry some ice cream or peanut butter also :confused24:

What a great idea!

This is why I dislike this site. :) Every time I read a thread, one more thing goes on my Want List! I've had a 67 Ford Truck (restored) for 14 years and all I've done is add a/c (thanks to my brother) It runs great, looks great and all it needs is regular maintence and premium gasoline.

I've had this bike for only a year and changed the pipes, re-worked the seat, modified triple trees, bag bolts, luggage liners and still have lots on the list. Thanks everyone:cool10:

And I mean sincerely, thank you! I'm having a blast with The Broom!

OEM tool bag plus a ratchet and socket set. Rain gear if we're out for more than a couple of days. Plexus and polish and a couple of rags. Spare batteries for the camera. A couple of cables for iPhone or Garmin. The pump for the shocks and a small electric pump for tires. Oh, and a quart of oil. For some reason, I always have to have a quart of oil in my car trunk or the saddlebag. Never had to use any - but have to have it.

Hey fellow riders,

I have a brand new to me 2007 Midnight Venture, only back and forth to work and quick trips so far, just filled up for the first time since I brought it home full. Mostly pleased so far, its a giant compared to any other Ive owned. We are gonna put about 500 miles on it this weekend and Ive never had so much storage. No camping, just 3 days of ride time, friends house etc.

So whats in your bags?

I havent really got anything organized in there, but have the stock tool kit- unlooked at yet, jackets, chaps, gloves, snacks, water, cleaning stuff, the highway pegs that just got here, uuhmmm- thats about it;)

First aid kit, tool pouch, windshield cleaner and cloth, a .357 derringer (hold permit), and some CDs for some tunes. Oh, and usually some clothes if I'm traveling. I never used a rain suit because after the rain stops you get blow dried anyway......

All great info, some I wouldnt have thought of. That trunk lid organizer is on my short list now:) Nearing crunch time most of this stuff I have, just need to round it up and organize.

No one mentioned their cassette collection...:rotf:

Bananas ??? Do you carry some ice cream or peanut butter also :confused24:

Gotta keep the potassium levels up, no to the Ice Cream or peanut butter, but I do have a few other snacks in the bag.

I was wondering if anyone would notice.

Just from memory some things I carry.

Jumper Cables

Extra Fuses

Duct Tape

Tarp to lay on to work on VR

Several latex gloves (Keeps hands from getting greasy)

Misc metric nuts and bolts that I've collected

Seafoam

Flares

1st Aid Kit

Extra Headlamp bulb

Blue Lock Tight

Extra plugs

Full set of allen wrenchs

41R-71 Relay (1st-Gen -Controls turn signal and I don’t think the engine will start when it goes out)

You might consider Concealed and Carry also.

1 more thing. A small box of tissue paper, just in case.

Oh, I see, you ride a first Gen.:stickpoke::stirthepot: WOW, that's alot of STUFF. Rain suit a must. I also carry my harley air pump for the ride and some real tools are a must. An Air pump and good plug kit.