IGNORED

Fishing Story, Just in !!!

GeorgeS

Just saw on Local TV station Seattle, Two guys in a small fishing boat, on the

Columbia River ( someplace between Portland Or. and the Pacific Ocean )

were minding there own bussiness, just fishing . ( I assume for salmon )

And guess what ?? A Sea Lion, takes there Bait !!!!!!!

Another near by boat, videoed the event, so its apparently On the record book !!!

For all you Bull Head fishermen out there, Take heed !!!!

Consider the possibilities, of have a Sea Lion, as the " Power Source " for your 12 foot fishing boat !!!! :080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv::cool10::cool10:

I once hooked and landed a 45 lb Springer Spaniel on a micro light rod with 2 lb line, while fishing for bluegills in a river. She put up a pretty good fight and had no problem pulling drag with the 2 lb line I had on, but I still landed her.

Then came the issue of trying to keep my fingers attached to my hand while getting the hook out.......

.........all it took was tossing a stick into the river for her to chase, for it all to be forgotten and forgiven.

I once caught an oyster. I was trolling for salmon with two lines out. I got a hit on one line so I threw the boat into neutral and played that line and left the other one. After I got the salmon into the boat I went to reel in the other line. There was a dead weight on it. I finally got it up and found the line had crossed an oyster which had clamped shut on it and I had pulled up the oyster and the rock it was attached to.

Once I was buzz bombing (Mooching) and I got a hit. It felt like a cod but I knew I was well off the bottom so it could not be that. I was mystified until I got it up to the boat. A duck had taken the lure and would not let go. It was not hooked so when I got it out of the water it finally let go and flew away.