IGNORED

Replacement Throttle Lock for my old bike

petekadish

Hi Guys!

I have a 1980 Honda CB 750K which has an pretty old throttle-lock on it that I would like to replace with a more recent made, better quality one.

Does anyone have any suggestions for one that isn't too pricey but which is pretty good quality?

The attached pictures are what my current one looks like.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Be Safe!

Pete

Well they still look the same, looks just like the one on my o7 V Star, except chrome. Has it quit working or broken? JC whitney has them as well as most of the major m/c parts catalogs.

Hi Guys!

I have a 1980 Honda CB 750K which has an pretty old throttle-lock on it that I would like to replace with a more recent made, better quality one.

Does anyone have any suggestions for one that isn't too pricey but which is pretty good quality?

The attached pictures are what my current one looks like.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Be Safe!

Pete

The "breakaway" is a pretty cool unit. I like the fact it disconnects when you brake. If you want something less expensive, check with Aerostich. Their current catalog shows 4 different types of throttle locks, ranging from $20 to $35....

Probably the most common is the Vista Cruise, available at any number of different prices from different suppliers:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-VISTA-CRUISE-CONTROL-UNIVERSAL/dp/B002EYZZSC]Amazon.com: MOTORCYCLE VISTA CRUISE CONTROL 7/8 INCH BAR UNIVERSAL FIT: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41w2U358rCL.@@AMEPARAM@@41w2U358rCL[/ame]

There are many others, all different and all having their own advantages.

A Google search for "Motorcycle Throttle Lock" will turn up most of the options.

ps .. I have the Vista on my Yamaha XS750, and it works just fine.