I need to replace my kick stand,I have the replacement. What's the best way to remove/install the spring.

Thanks George

Extend the kickstand to stretch the spring, then jam quarters or washers in between the coils to keep it extended when you relax the stand to remove it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. I finally got it fixed today. The coin trick worked great. About $1.75 in quarters (pressed in with channel locks) and the spring literally fell off. Pulled the two bolts holding the floor board, to get the shift linkage out of the way, and took out the bolt (it was way tight). The only problem, the replacement I bought was in worse shape than mine ( caution when dealing with pinwall cycle parts) The loop was broken and bent, and the spring mount was worn down to below the spring notch. Luckily I was able to take my old one and the new one and one of students who was in Ag class and he was able to take the loop of the new one, straighten it and weld it on to the my old one. A little metalic silver touch up paint and back on.

thanks for all your help

George