IGNORED

Another dumb question....sorry.

Should just pull off, The boot is pretty long,but if it has been a while since they have been off they my be pretty tight. The plug is pretty far down that hole

--- yes, and what works well for me is to use a pair of needle nose pliers on the boots to pop the plug wires.

No- the boot/cap simply pulls off the plug (it could be difficult to get it broken loose).

The boot/cap is screwed onto the end of the wire. You shouldn't have to unscrew anything until you're ready to take the plugs out of the cylinders.

• 2 weeks later...
Once you get boots off plugs blow around the plug with your air compressor to get the dirt out of there. Yoop

Do this BEFORE removing the spark plugs. Don't ask me how I know this (didn't learn this on the Venture) :whistling:

Jeff

Do this BEFORE removing the spark plugs. Don't ask me how I know this (didn't learn this on the Venture) :whistling:

Jeff

I could take that one step farther and that is to use a mirror to see if the pressured air got all the stuff out.

I was replacing my plugs this winter and on one plug I could not get the plug socket firmly onto the spark plug, After several tries I took a special mirror on a telescope antenna and with the right contortion of my neck I saw a metal clip that got logged beyond the nut portion of the spark plug. I must have dropped it while doing some additional wiring of some accessories and it made it way there, probabaly as the bike was vibrating on a few rides. It took a small hook to get it to lodge between the cylinider wall and the nut portion of the spark plug. Then with a long needle nose plyer I was able to get a firm hold of the connector to force it out.

Had it not been for having so much problem in getting the plug socket unto the spark plug, the conector could have fallen into the cyliinder had I was able to get the spark plug out.