I noticed the other day that the 83 was smoking some on high rpm's sitting in the garage did some checking and found that my diaphragm's had pin holes except #4. Also checked the plugs all but #4 was trying to foul out - wet fuel. #4 excellent shape.

diaphragm's that had pin holes also had traces of fuel in them except #4 which was dry. So what I'm asking is will a bad diaphragm cause the plugs to stay wet with fuel? #4 diaphragm is in good shape and the plug look great as well tan color. If not what would I be missing to cause the plugs to stay wet ? maybe float levels to high?

plugs -caps-wires replaced first of last season - carbs synchronized

What's funny is how well the beast runs too. good idle runs out good no dead spots just noticed it started smoking on high rpm- fuel.

buddy

My guess is you gotta twist that throttle back a bit further to get it hum like you expect. Hence, wet plugs.

JT can fix em for less than a dollar. That is his hobby on his 1st gen; fix things that ain't broke for less than a dollar!

:1hotsht:

GIT OFF MY DONKEY!!!

lol

just jt

My guess is you gotta twist that throttle back a bit further to get it hum like you expect. Hence, wet plugs.

JT can fix em for less than a dollar. That is his hobby on his 1st gen; fix things that ain't broke for less than a dollar!

:1hotsht:

i don't wear a Glock, or carry a shield,

nor have all the "power" that some folks wield.

i WORK for my dollars, and spend too much on scratch offs.

have to scrimp on repairs,

cause i ain't got no "write offs".

eat your heart out CARL!!!!

just jt

It's probably not helping, but you can get new diaphragms thru Flatout for about 55 bucks each (cheapest anywhere).

www.flatoutmotorcycles.com

When you send in your order or inquiry, make sure you mention that you're a member of Ventureriders.

Dan

If it is due it is due. No sense in messin' around. Replace the pinholed ones unless JT wants to share that less then a dollar fix.

:nanner:

It's probably not helping, but you can get new diaphragms thru Flatout for about 55 bucks each (cheapest anywhere).

www.flatoutmotorcycles.com

When you send in your order or inquiry, make sure you mention that you're a member of Ventureriders.

Dan

Thanks for your input even tho I bought from them before. They have good parts, slow shipping, and when it comes to replying to my emails - They don't!.....

Since they came to this family group maybe they will improve their service? Will call around first and see what comes up.

buddy

i don't wear a Glock, or carry a shield,

nor have all the "power" that some folks wield.

i WORK for my dollars, and spend too much on scratch offs.

have to scrimp on repairs,

cause i ain't got no "write offs".

eat your heart out CARL!!!!

just jt

Wow, finally some competition. How long did it take you? 16 minutes or did you have this in the wings to bring out for just the right occassion?

Thanks for your input even tho I bought from them before. They have good parts, slow shipping, and when it comes to replying to my emails - They don't!.....

Since they came to this family group maybe they will improve their service? Will call around first and see what comes up.

buddy

Sorry about your previous delay, I would let Chris at Flatout know about it, could have been a back order. He can explain their process. Still the best prices on the web, though.

Dan