IGNORED

Horn fuse location.

PBJ

Okay, I was working on the new 86 and notice the horns not working. Okay simple answer is that the fuse is blown. I open the fuse box but no horn fuse there. I find an auxiliary fuse box with 5 and 10 blade fuses but no horn fuse there either. One of the 10 amp fuses was blown so thats taken care of but................ So i still am not sure where to find it. the schematic shows there is one, I've been on the different tech sections i just can't find any info on this location. i hope its not just out obvious someplace that I'm missing. Does anyone know where it is?????

Assume for 86 venture in your profile.

OE horn does not have a seperate fuse, it is on the same 'signal' fuse with gages, neutral light, etc....

Continous power to the horns from the signal fuse, Ground from the horn push button completes the circuit.

Many have upgraded horns, requiring a seperate relay and maybe a fuse. Maybe you can hear relay clicking to help track it down as you press horn button. Likely wiring direct from Battery +, thru inline fuse, to relay, then to aftermarket horn +

Hope this helps

Hmmmm, thats not good if true. that means i have to take the switch assembly apart possibly the entire bike has a fine dust over everything i hope it didn't get into the switch.

Have a meter or test light? Test for 12v at horns with key on. If so indicates stock wiring, apply jumper wire from frame ground to NEG of horn(be VERY sure not to touch + side of horn or will blow signal fuse. Diagram indicates NEG wire at horn is PINK, + wire at horn is BROWN). Both horns should sound. This confirms problem up to and thru horn button to ground.