IGNORED

From Seattle to Las Vegas

GolfVenture

Has anyone rode the route from Seattle WA to Las Vegas NV.

Via (Seattle, Yakima, Kennewick, Bosie, Twin Falls, Las Vegas).

Might be taking a ride around the June / July time frame.

Whats the gas station situation like between Twin Falls Idaho to Las Vegas NV.

I'd love to try that 1000 Butt ride thing, but probably won't for I'd probably fall asleep riding.

My wife said she won't ride that far looking directly into the back of my helmet or constantly turning from side to side. She'll go by air. That be fine with me for I can make better time. Less potty brakes and rest stops.

From Twin Falls to Wells Nevada it's about 130 miles and there's one station at Jack Pot. From Wells to Ely is about 140 miles. Not much in fuel between these towns. It's been 40 years since I made the run from Ely to LV, and there was only one station in Pioche at 110 miles south of Ely. There may be others by now, but it's still pretty vacant on the west side of Nevada. From Pioche to Vegas it's 180 miles, but you'll start running into stations at 160 miles north. If you plan on riding the bike take extra fuel just to be on the safe side. The scenery is great and it should be on everyone's bucket list...

Made the run last year from Ely to Las Vegas. Gas is available at Pioche,Panaca and Caliente. Fill up before leaving Ely and you should be ok. There was some road work north of Vegas. Hopefully that is completed by now. Stop by Area 51 on your way into Las Vegas. See if there is anything flying about. We took the long way around so we could ride "The Loneliest Highway". It was a great trip. Well worth the extra time. I did a report on it on this forum

Mike

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60093

Page 2 Trip to texas PDF

I was thinking about making the ride through Vegas again this year but am looking at US-97. I have also been wanting to ride the old Lincoln Highway cross country... What to do? What to do? So much time and so little country to see.

Mike

I haven't ridden your proposed route, but we drove it in our motor-home and had no issues keeping fuel in the tank. There are enough stations along the way, but remember an ounce of prevention....if you're at a half tank and come to a town with a fuel stop...fill up.

Have a great trip. We still have to get together and do the around Mt. Rainier down through The Gorge and into Portland once the weather clears.

George