IGNORED

Question about classified parts

lonestarmedic

Hi everyone,

A bit of a query. I have noticed several parts ads going back to 2006. I even e-mailed one of them last month. There was no answer. If the parts aren't available or the owner isn't around anymore ca these ads be removed or archived? I do understand if the items are still available. Put up a revision or an update so we know the stuff is current. Thanks for taking time to read this.

J.B.

This is something Don would have to program. I suspect he would probably agree and put in a drop dead date on classifieds if its possible. Or he could tell one of us moderators to do it from time to time. Either way its probably a good idea. The party could just relist it if it doesn't sell.

This is something Don would have to program. I suspect he would probably agree and put in a drop dead date on classifieds if its possible. Or he could tell one of us moderators to do it from time to time. Either way its probably a good idea. The party could just relist it if it doesn't sell.

Refer to this thread, it has been brought up before.........http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9741

OK....the cron file appears to be fine. I think the problem was that the option to select "never expire" was still there so if the person who placed the ad chose that option, it would remain. I just changed it so that 30 days is the max that can be selected. That doesn't help with the ads that are already there.

When I get home from vacation, I will get busy going through all the ads, contacting all the sellers and deleting any that are no longer good or that I get no responses from.

We are heading towards home this morning. Probably going to stay just this side of Chicago tonight and then drive on home tomorrow. It's been fun but time to get back to work I suppose.

By the way, it IS fairly easy to roll a snowmobile over. :)

OK folks...I did go back and delete some of the older ads. Here's the thing though, you can't always tell by the original posting date if they have been renewed or not. The way it is set up, the seller will get an email after the time expires, say 30 days. There is a link in the email which he can click on to renew the ad for another 30 days. I think that this can be done up to 5 times but don't remember for sure. So if you see ads dated back in August or so, they have likely been renewed.

I now have it set so that the longest you can place an ad is 30 days. It can then be renewed x number of times though but at least the seller has to renew it and therefore acknowledge that the items are still for sale.

If there are ads there now that you are getting no responses to, let me know and I'll remove them. Also, if I removed any of your ads and your items were still available, I apologize and ask that you relist your item.