IGNORED

Just Bought Chrome Rad MKII on Ebay. ???

GolfVenture

I just bought this chrome radiator grill from ebay. It cleaned up nicely. Just one thing, the bottom left corner is bent in and there are some hairline stress lines on the chrome. You can't feel the stress lines.

There are two very small spots on the curved edge part where the chrome has chipped.

On the back side you can see and feel where the chrome has buckled.

I want to bent it back out but am concerned about the chrome.

Being that it is on the bottom one probably can't see the bend and so I could just leave it bent.

I've included 3 pictures. 1) Good Right side, 2) Bent Left side, 3) Hairline Stress lines.

The camera seemed to have enhanced the stress lines more than it really looks.

I've not rebent chrome pieces myself and so open to advise.

Is there something one should put on the shipped chrome to prevent it from gettnig worst.

Also I believe there is supposed to be a "V" Venture Emblem top center.

Where can one get them?

That one looks to be in excellent condition Brian! It's hard to find one that isn't all pitted and flaking these days. Usually they have to be stripped and either rechromed or powdercoated. Yes there is a chance the chrome will separate if you bend it back in shape so if you can live with it all the better. Hopefully you also have the 4 spacers required for mounting but if not no big deal you can always glue some regular washers together to make up the distance.

As far as the "V" on the grille, it is the same as the one on the trunk rack. I have only seen the 1200 on the grille and not the 1300 emblem. I'll look around to see if I have a spare but I doubt it...