IGNORED

Is Nothing Ever Easy?

Hi All,

Received my Barons Ultimate Light Bar recently. Amazing quality, very happy.

Just went to fit it only to find no wiring in the harness for driving lights!

Barons spell it out in the instructions that there should be a blue wire for the left and right driving lights as well as the the two left and right turn signals. Turn signal cabling is fine. Nothing to be seen for the driving lights! I have checked the loom in case it just wasnt run into the original light bar and nothing!

I can only assume its something to do with Australian compliance laws as I cannot imagine they would leave them out for any other reason. Not sure what people buying the Genuine Yamaha lightbar thought when they went to fit them also.

Now i will have to run a feed directly from the battery via a relay. Its just extra hassle i didnt want.

I just thought it was very bizzare.

Any other Aussie riders out there who have found the same issue?

There are two parts to adding driving lights. One is the bar that holds the lights, the other are the two lights themselves. The lights will have wires connected to the socket that you either run thru the light bar and back into the fairing for connection to switch/relay, etc.

There is NOT a pre-wired cable for adding passing lights. The blue wire you refer to might be the one in the headlight harness to connect to the relay to determine when the passing lights come on (all the time, with high beam, with low beam) but you'll want to add a switch as well.

See the write up on adding passing lights. It documents the process.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43898

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1656

If you do a search for "passing lights" you'll find lots of discussions.