IGNORED

NC members and surrounding areas

warriorhoneybee

well I'm back at it again. just wrote down all the towns that NC members live in,all 76. trying to get some feed back on some locations for the meet and eats this year. last year i had one a month and think that this year will try every other month,what do y'all think? i know the economy is still down and that people have a lot of plans doing the year so I'm thinking that spacing them out a little might help. last years schedule was march-19 Columbus NC,April-23 hickory NC,may-28 Greensboro NC,June-18 Asheville NC and July-16 Charlotte NC. i know some of those dates were on holidays and i will try not to make that mistake again, and i will also check out the calender here so not to inter fear with anything else thats going on. thinking about changing up some of the locations to draw more people. once again just trying to hear from some of you for your thoughts and locations. P.S. just to say it again, NOT JUST NC MEMBERS BUT ALSO SURROUNDING AREAS AND ALL OTHERS ARE WELCOME!!!!!! thanks.

this place always draws a pretty good crowd when ever the muffins have a M&E there.

http://www.deadwoodnc.com/

In this area you have Lexington and there are several greta bbq places.

lots of good places here in greensboro too. For M&E in greensboro I would say somewhere like sticky bones. Its central in greensboro and located very close to interstate 40.

ON the blue ridge youve got Mabrys mill my personal favorite but they arent really set up for a large group but the corn meal cakes with bbq in them are killer.

Pick a place and we will be there if we can. As of wright now Im thinking of coming to hickory on the 24th for that one but the wife has to work so shell be home. Also work may take me out too.We are swamped and two of us work every other weekend as he gets his boy two weekends a month so I pull those. If we have work and its my weekend Ill have to be there

david

of course you have a say Sylvester, thats why I'm asking for suggestions. your in Bessemer city, theres another in Dallas which is right there, three in Charlotte etc. thats a good area to be in because you have a good draw. Charlotte can get you guys,kannapolis,statesville,mount holly,Denver, Columbus,Marion,granite falls,albemarle and some of those lovely SC folks. I'll post the NC areas members live in,no names or address, just to give y'all an idea. I'm looking at areas that will be fairly close. cant get them all however do to distance,but if anyone else want to throw one that will be great. David i checked out that link and it looks great just a little far for me to do but if you want to have one there just let me know and i can put it on the calender and let you hold it. i think it's about 330.46 miles from my house. I'll go 2 1/2 to 3 hours but thats about it for just a meet and eat,I'm not as tough as some.

heres a list of the locations.

marion 2

salem 2

lumberton 1

hertford 3

charlotte 4

kannapolis 3

china grove 1

hubert 1

holly ridge 1

siler city 1

lexington 1

flat rock 1

jacksonville 2

murphy 1

marlon 1

coats 1

wendell 1

kernersville 1

rural hall 1

durham 1

winston salem 2

liberty 1

blounts creek 1

wilimington 2

riedsville 2

oak island " "

sanford 1

maxton 1

pink hill 1

burlington 1

bakersville 1

drexel 1

newton 1

new bern 2

columbus 1

apex 1

greenville 1

leval cross 1

moyock 1

fuquayvarina 1

mcleansville 2

granit falls 1

midland 1

roxboro 1

gastonia 1

holly springs 1

statesville 1

havelock 1

fayetteville 1

stokesdale 1

zebulon 1

raleigh 1

vass fort bragg 1

dallas 1

bessemercity 1

harrisburd 1

albemarle 1

union grove 1

denver 1

wake forest 1

black mountain 1

locust 1

mount holly 1

Edited by warrior/honeybee

• 3 weeks later...

boy,this is a tough crowd. no worries though i will continue to try to put together meet and eats and such. i know that everybody has busy schedules and all but I'm not looking for blood or anything just some input. i know Freebird, but I'm not getting testy this time just trying to get some info. guess being out of work has given me to much time on my hands. wow thats one of my favorite songs. is anybody planning to do thunder in the smokies this year? the dates are may 4th - 6th.