IGNORED

Rotella On Sale at Advance Auto

RSTDdog

FYI for those that use Rotella its on sale at Advance Auto right now, at least in South FL market. Gallon jug of T6 full synthetic 5w-40 is 22.99 (reg 26.99) and the 15w-40 Dino ROtella is 12.99 for a gallon (Reg 17.99).

RSTDdog

Last time I bought T6 a few weeks ago I got it for under $22 a gal @ Wally World. I was in Advance yesterday though and saw that Mobil 1 20w50 was $8 a qt as is the 10w40 bike oil. Now if I could get someone to carry a "bike" oil filter besides fram I felt comfortable using. I am currently using the gold Purolator, but if something went bad wrong with the motor I understand the dealer could leave me hangin out to dry even though its a better filter than the "bike" made for filters.

At the risk of starting another "oil" thread (Oh God! Not that!) I would just say that I have read the arguments about Fram's quality (Or lack of it) for a few years now, along with counter arguments praising them. While the arguments against them sound logical, it has seemed to me that the problems occur if the filter is left in the vehicle for inordinate lengths of time (3 years or more, for instance). The only times I have seen this happen, is when a vehicle gets put away for several years for some reason, then gets immediately used once it is brought back out, without an oil or filter change first. I believe that the construction of the Fram filters may not hold up to this kind of treatment which shouldn't be laid on any vehicle in the first place. I may be way out in left field here, of course and I'm no engineer, but in my experience of the past 30 years, the only time I've heard of filter problems was when they were left unchanged in a vehicle for extended periods of time (Years, not months.). But obviously, this is a pretty small sample, so, as I said, I may be way out in left field.

Andy